Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Power makes me happy

My car is still in the shop (argh), so I have borrowed the hubby's transportation several times over the past few days. This is what he drives.
















I don't know what you would think if you saw me driving by in this, but apparently people here in Houston think this car says "GRRRRRR...I'M MEAN!"

It's fabulous.

I can drive 55 in the fast lane in this monster and no one gives me the evil sideways look as they pass by. Cars that are 1/4 mile ahead on the road move out of my lane immediately. I was the LAST person to arrive at a four-way stop, and no one wanted to move until I passed through. A pedestrian even apologized for walking in front of me (at a crosswalk, when she had the little "go" hand). I feel so powerful. I am Queen of the Road.

And not only that, but everyone stares at me too. So I feel powerful AND pretty! This is the best car ever. :)

If you don't believe me, you are welcome to come over and take this puppy around the block a few times. Just don't be multi-tasking, because one minute you are dialing your cell phone and then BAM, you've demolished the Toyota in the next lane.

5 comments:

omar said...

Hopefully you're not speaking from experience in that last paragraph?

I'm having trouble picturing the smiling face from your profile picture in that vehicle. I think I too would be a little scared. It just confirms my desire to own a Hummer. Now if only they had a gas/electric hybrid for less than $20K...

Rhonda Sloan said...

Don't worry, Omar...I haven't taken anyone out...yet. Muahahaha

Truthfully, I did come close one time...just looking down to change the radio station. So I learned my lesson quick. The Tank takes up it's entire lane, so you could be out of your space and on top of someone else really quick.

Super Happy Girl said...

I LOVE IT!
Furthermore I WANT one.

I never thought about the power part (because of your post now I want one even more than ever).
Making libs see red :) was enough for me.

You go Rhonda!

Bill C said...

Although on the plus side, demolishing that Toyota would be like stepping on an ant: if you're overly sensitive you might feel bad for a moment, and you *might* see a tiny stain on your shoe if you look real hard...

Rhonda Sloan said...

If I step on one "ant"...I might never stop. There are so many ants on the road that need a good stomping.