Monday, November 06, 2006

Where's the Chicken?

Lately, I've been trying my best to lose the rest of the baby weight (yes, I know the "baby" is 15 months old...shut your pie hole! ), so I hired a trainer to kick my ass once a week and I've been eating as healthy as possible most of the time.

My husband (a.k.a. the Food Nazi) had me convinced that frozen diet dinners are evil, but lately they have been touting "no preservatives," so I've been keeping a few around for those days when I need something fast. I was enjoying a yummy Garlic Chicken pizza when I picked up the box and saw the following.















I guess you don't need preservatives when something is only 14.1% REAL! EEEK!

I will never admit that the Food Nazi was right, but I won't be eating any more Lean Cuisine Garlic Chicken Pizza that's for sure!

5 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

You mean you won't be eating any more Lean Cuisine's Garlic and some-kind-of meat flavored Pizza.
And here you were calling him the Food Nazi, tsk tsk.

My dad always said "read the fine print".

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Yeah but who needs real chicken breast when you have "Natural Chicken Flavor", "Dried Chicken Broth", and the yummiest of all, "Chicken Powder Flavor"?

That ingredient list reads like something straight out of a Steven Kingesque horror novel specifically written for Vegans, and food purists.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I want to know, if you add water to chicken powder, will you get a chicken? It reminds me of the "just add water" seahorses that I sent away for from the back of my Archie comic book.

omar said...

This, this right here, is why I don't read the labels. If something tastes good, then I applaud the makers for concocting it in any FDA approved way. There's so much disgusting stuff in most foods, it's one of those battles that's hard to win.

We have a large "natural food" store nearby. I've eaten some stuff from that place, and for the most part, it's bland and/or GROSS. So I'll take tasty 14% real food over bland 100% real food any day.

I should also note that I'm overweight.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I was laughing with the cashier at Kroger's yesterday about their "Natural Foods" department manager who eats all the wholesome stuff, and preaches it to every one in the day. She also takes more sick days than anyone else in the store. Coincidence? I think not!