Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nightmare on My Street

Halloween Night Update...
I love trick-or-treaters! I buy all the good candy...and lots of it. And I give everyone big handfuls. I even buy little toys...they get chocolate AND toys when they come here. But tonight was my first unhappy Halloween experience...teenagers have been coming to the door in mobs, NOT EVEN IN COSTUME. What is up with that?

I am giving them all candy, begrudgingly, but I am making them tell me who they are first. HA! Is that mean?

The first group of girls decided they were Destiny's Child. Ummm, ok. The next group was 8 teenage boys...all over 6' tall. They liked the candy, but got very excited that I had Playdoh. What are they going to do with Playdoh? The next group of girls distracted me by telling me how much they like my house...they got two handfuls each. :)

And while most of the little ones have been very sweet, even saying "thank you" (gasp), one little boy had a fit right on my front porch. I gave him FOUR little candy bars and a tub of Playdoh and he screams at me "I WANT MORE." I decided to ignore him (his mom didn't say a word!) and gave the other kids their goodies. When I closed the door he started screaming and crying. YIKES.

Please God let me raise a child who says smiles and says "thank you," even if she gets a 20-year-old stick of licorice.

5 comments:

Sefton said...

Here's what you can do for the teenagers who are too old to Trick or Treat but do anyway: Save up ketchup packets, barbecue sauce packets, taco sauce packets, etc. from various fast food restaurants. They're free and this way you can hand them out to the teens and save the candy for the kids.

omar said...

Yeah, we got our group of those who didn't even try. I was trying to give people the benefit of the doubt last night, as it was lightly raining, and maybe the rain ruined their initial costume plans. Maybe. I usually just give the "I'm not even trying" kids one piece of candy, and I'll give the kids who dress up a couple of pieces. But I like jedimacfan's idea better :)

Girl con Queso said...

Playdoh! Very cool trick or treat house! Next year we're stopping by your place.

Rhonda Sloan said...

jedimacfan-- I adore that idea, but would be a little worried about what those teenagers would do with those packets of condiments. Thinking back to my teenage years, I probably would wrap that person's house...or empty those little packets all over their car! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

I also like jedimacfan's idea, but I could already see those little packets all over my car :( Stinking non-costume teens!

Your Halloween treats rock, how cool are you?
The little kid throwing a tantrum and the mom not saying a word? imagine, you house was just one of the many houses he did that crappy baby thing.