Friday, November 17, 2006

No Time to Make a Postcard...

...so I am confessing my deep, dark secret to you instead of Postsecret.com or my husband (who hopefully is not reading my blog today).

Back story: The hubby and I pride ourselves on feeding our daughter quality, healthy foods. We figure she has plenty of time to eat bad stuff later. So we try to buy organic whenever possible, no juice or soft drinks, lots of fruits and veggies, nothing deep fried, and no crap (such as Lean Cuisines with 14.1 percent chicken)...until this week.

Here are the things my daughter has tasted this week.

1. Mocha Frappuccino (She was screaming and pointing at my cup, so finally I got frustrated and let her take a sip....she didn't like it. Whew.)

2. Sprite (Just one sip...she burped three times)

3. Chocolate chip cookie (The whole thing. She loved it. She licked her fingers and picked the crumbs off her shirt.)

4. Cat food (She got to the bowl before I could catch her. I think she only ate one piece, but she seemed to like it better than the mocha frap.)

So there. I guess I win the Bad Mom of the Week Award. Hooray.

3 comments:

omar said...

We don't aim too high when it comes to the quality of foods, but we don't give our kid too much junk. On two occasions, he's had a doughnut. At our local grocery store, the doughnuts come in white wax paper bags. Now, anytime he sees a bag that even roughly resembles one, he starts hollering about how he wants a doughnut.

Then read that paragraph over again, replacing "doughnuts" with "french fries." You'd think we feed that stuff to him all the time, with how easily and enthusiastically he identifies them.

He had soda for the first time on his second birthday, it was ginger ale. He sipped, then cringed. Then sipped, and cringed again. Then burped a really hearty burp.

And I'm with Anabella on the frappuccino. I'm not willing to try cat food to make the comparison, though.

Super Happy Girl said...

Are you saying that Chocolate chip cookies are not healthy/quality food? What if they are made with oatmeal? That's healthy, right? what if the chips are high quality?

But seriously. I think once in while couldn't possibly hurt her or spoil her good eating habits.

So no. NO Bad Mom of the Week Award for you.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My baby once ate crap too. Literally. She smeared poop all across her mouth, and my husband thought it was chocolate until he caught a whiff.

If she can survive that, she can survive eating some Twinkies, and a bag of Cheetos once in awhile.

I let my baby eat CRAP!! So, do I deserve the bad mommy award, NCS?