Sunday, November 19, 2006

Is it me or is it them?

Every few months, my friend Tracie and I pack up the kiddos and head to the Dollar Tree. It's fun to get out of the house, look at the silly/ridiculous/bizarre items, and of course, buy a few cheap things (I got pregnancy tests for a $1...woohoo!). Last Friday at the DT, we come across this sign. I found it very confusing. Does the manager understand the concept of the dollar store? Am I missing something here? Because last time I checked, everything was a $1, not just the items that are on the "promotion" rack.

So if I am having another moment here, please let me know. Muchas gracias.

6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Talk about trying to fake you out.
Or something.
I think this definitely deserves to be investigated further Rhonda, don't you?

BTW: I hate those $1 stores that are actually all kind of prices. >:(
Those shoud be called "Many dollars" stores.
Or whatever.

Rhonda Sloan said...

Yes I do! Let me know what you find out. ;)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Yeah! We have one here called Dollar General, NCS, and they have a severe shortage of actual dollar merchandise. I think that Dollar General was probably named after some Confederate dude from the Civil War, because it can't be named after selling dollar items.

My theory? If everything's really a dollar, maybe that includes all employees paychecks too. Thus making the manager a true Dollar Manager, and that sign a special Dollar Manager deal.

My word verification was fatpmp.
Fat Pimp? Rhonda, your word verification is mocking me. :(

omar said...

Fat pimp?

My local dollar tree has a 2/$1 section, except it's not clearly labeled. Then I got a dirty look from the cashier when I asked her how much something cost.

Super Happy Girl said...

Let me know what you find out.
I guess I'm on assingment now.

OK, I guess I can be up to that challenge: no one can resist a cute little Mexican acting confused asking questions at a $1 store...that's the trick Omar, be cute and Mexican.

Super Happy Girl said...

And to anwer that question: I believe it is THEM.