Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What's in a pill?

The setup: My husband had surgery on his hand last Friday and has been taking pain medicine periodically. This was our conversation last night.

Hubby: Good thing I didn't need any pain meds today, there were only 3 left and I just took 2 so I can get some sleep.

Me: Only 3 left? There were 6 in the bottle this morning.

Hubby: Well there was only 3 in there.

Me: Are you sure? If you didn't take any, where would they have gone?

Hubby: Yes, I am sure, Rhonda. (disgusted tone)

Me: Where was the bottle of pills?

Hubby: In the drawer with all the vitamins.

Me: Um, no. Your pills are up in the cabinet by the refrigerator. You just took 2 prenatal vitamins.

Hubby: They were in the same kind of bottle! What's in those vitamins? (panic)

Me: First of all, all medicine from the pharmacy comes in those bottles. Second, they are just VITAMINS for heaven's sake. They aren't baby making pills. (laughing)

Cut to this morning...

Me: How's your hand feeling?

Hubby: It's okay.

Me: Well, if it starts to hurt again, you are welcome to take the last of my prenatal vitamins. (laughing)

Hubby: Very funny.

Me: I thought so.

My husband very rarely has moments like this, and in his defense, my prenatal vitamins DO look almost exactly like Vicodin. Too bad they don't have the same effect...pregnancy would have been much more fun!

6 comments:

Girl con Queso said...

Hilarious story. Have fun in NYC!!! I'm so jealous!

omar said...

That's NOT funny, because I accidentally did the same thing, once. I took one of my wife's prenatal vitamins, and feared I was going to start growing boobs. It's been two and a half years, but I still get worried sometimes, that some of it might still be in my system somehow.

Hang in there, Rhonda's husband.

Bones said...

its too bad he didnt take estrogen by accident. you could have watched Fried Green Tomatoes together and had a good cry.

dalene said...

Oh I do think that's funny! Hope he's feeling better. I think prenatals are so loaded we should take them year around.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!
OK, I shouldn't laugh, what if I accidentally took my husband's "Daily visit to Home Depot" vitamins? would I be laughing?

On the other hand, what bones said.

:D

Anonymous said...

Worst case scenario:
She: Oooh, honey. I want a MAN!

He: That's funny, so do I...