Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Although Oprah has been on my nerves lately, not that long ago she had a show about doing things to make yourself proud. She suggested making a list every day, but since I don't do too many earth-shattering things, there would be a lot of blank pages in that journal and it wouldn't make me proud to waste paper.

But it is an honorable idea, so every once in a while I stop and make sure I am actually doing stuff to make me feel proud. Here's my most recent list. Try not to be too overwhelmed by my goodness.

- I have "rescued" three dogs in the past month. They were just neighborhood dogs who escaped somehow, but I did pick them all up and keep them in my backyard until their owners came home. There was Pita (a cute little Dachshund), Tank (a Schnauzer with a very girly haircut) and Max (a German Shorthaired Pointer who JUMPS fences, even escaping from my backyard...clever dog).

- I headed up the MOMs Club fundraising committee this year (despite not really "digging" MOMs Club very much) and helped to gather donations and toys for kids in a foster home community. Here's a picture of about half the stuff we gathered.
















- I reported a litterbug. Cause you all know the deal...DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS! This guy had trash flying out of his truck bed all the way down the highway. But don't worry, all they do is send him a letter and a trash bag. www.dontmesswithtexas.org

- I have been smiling brightly and looking every person I come across in the eye since December 1st. I am calling it Project Happy Holidays (Whether You Like it or Not) 2006. I'll tell you all more about it later.

So what have you done to make you feel proud?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? you are such a sweet person Rhonda ;-) and here you were trying to makes ust think otherwise, tsk tsk.

Those are all good deeds to be proud about. I can think of a couple of mine, but I'll rather not share, because I get a BIG head pretty easily :P All I can say is that I'm trying to be sincerely nice to people and it does make you happy.

From the Don'tMessWithTexas link: "What type of litter annoys you most?" I answered wrappers, their result are:
Cigarette butts - 46%
Fast food wrappers -32%
Very interesting

omar said...

I'm intrigued by this "Project Happy Holidays." I wanna hear more!

Sadly, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I've done in the past couple of days that has made me proud of myself. Not that I'm doing bad stuff, I just do "stuff." I'll keep thinking, I'm sure there's something...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

That's a lie NCS. I drive Texas roads almost every day and its mostly littered with mattress debris (yes, mattresses!), and entire trash bags thrown out the window to the sides of the freeway. Let us not forget all the rotting dog corpses from losers who leave their dogs in the back of their pickup trucks while driving freeway speeds and the animals fall out. A touch of Southern Fried inbreeding effects manifesting itself. >:(