Saturday, December 09, 2006

Start Spreading the News...

I am leaving in 7 days. That's right...look out New York City!

I haven't been in 6 or 7 years, so I am looking for suggestions. My friend KB and I will only be there for a weekend, but we are staying at the Waldorf-Astoria (woohoo) and are game for just about anything. (But preferably things that have to do with food, shopping or culture.)

It's not often that I am hubby AND child-free, so I want to pack this trip with lots of things that can't be done with a small child in-tow (such as eating at a bar or using a public restroom).

Speaking of...check this out. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-11-21-charmin_x.htm (I promise to go and take a photo of this!)

Please post any ideas you might have!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 days to NY Rhonda.
Waldorf-Astoria (woohoo) + Child and hubby free, wow, you do trael in style my dear. Way to go :)

I have no suggestions, since I've never been to NY, but when I do, I'll take my "Official NT Rhonda travel guide". So I'm just going to sit here and read what everyone else says.

Charming personal powder rooms, great, can't wait to read the report.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I've never been to New York so I'd do typical touristy things like try some N.Y. cheesecake, see the hustlers at Times Square, try to get on the Today Show with a big goofy sign and a flasher trenchcoat. You know, just usual stuff.

dalene said...

Have fun! I've never been either-so no suggestions from me, but have a great time!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

You could make an unscheduled visit to Omar to check out if his yard is really as fabu as he claims. I have my suspicions.....

Rhonda Sloan said...

I think they scared all the hustlers and hookers away from Times Square EWB...but I could be wrong. I am definitely going for the bathrooms, so I will let you know.

I don't think I will have time to go to Omar's house...unless he has an FAO Schwartz and a cool restaurant in his front yard. Now that would be fabu!