Saturday, December 02, 2006

My First MEME, Courtesy of No Cool Story

Thanks NCS...I feel like a real blogger now. I have my big girl pants on and I am ready to tackle this thing:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate...or better yet, a Hot Toddy

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He WRAPS them! He's Santa, not Scrooge! (Who doesn't wrap their gifts??!)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white, but the hubby held out for colored and I finally caved last year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No...if I need a kiss, I just ask. Who has time to stand in a doorway until someone notices?

5. When do you put your decorations up? The week after Thanksgiving...a little at a time.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing. Stuff me with stuffing and I am a happy girl.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to my grandparents house. I am an only child, so it was nice to be around all the cousins and other relatives.

8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember! It must have been very traumatic for me to block it out this way.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With lights and ornaments. (Is this a trick question?) No tinsel...one time I had to pull a piece out of my cat's ass, so that was the end of tinsel in my house.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. But, it has only snowed twice in my 30+ years in Houston, so that is probably why.

12. Can you ice skate? I can stand up and move forward on ice skates, but I have yet to master the Salchow or anything fancy like that.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My hubby bought me a beautiful white convertible one year. That rocked! I was completely surprised.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with the people I care about.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? PUMPKIN PIE

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have a group of friends that gets together for a "Secret Santa" dinner every year. It's a nice way to celebrate with the "family" you actually got to chose. ;)

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? That's kind of personal. :) Ok, I prefer giving. I love buying thoughtful presents and knowing that the recipient really loves it.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Jingle Bells is good...anything upbeat.

20. What is your favorite Christmas story? The Night Before Christmas and Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer...being Rhonda the Redheaded Child, I could totally relate. I was never allowed to play reindeer games either.

I tag elasticwaistbandlady.

6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

I've said many times I like this Meme, you did great! (big gril pants and all).
"...beautiful white convertible one year", THAT'S what I'm talking about :D what an awesome present.
I love your friends are the "family you get to choose", so true.

Thanks for playing along.

omar said...

Convertible?! You mean, like a car? I watch those car commercials around the holidays, where the dude leaves a new car with a big red bow for his spouse, and I always scoff because that never happens.

I stand corrected.

And I'd be willing to swap locations for this winter season. That'll cure your fondness of snow. Though I'll admit I'm looking forward to having my son play around in the snow this season. (Mainly because then I know it's only a couple more years before I no longer need to shovel.)

KB said...

I love these things...but I have to disagree one point; Santa doesn't wrap his presents at my house. Everybody else does, but Santa's present get put out late on Christmas Eve in all of their unwrapped glory.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I got tagged and I'm already TWO days behind. Now I need to get my blogger time machine out!

Did you use put the tinsel from kitty's butt back on the tree? That's a definite Christmas conversation piece, is it not?

One year my kids had a lot of big boxy items that would have taken a sea of wrapping paper. I just cinched them up into trash bags and put bows on it, then spent the next few weeks worrying that someone would mistake it and take it out on trash day.

dalene said...

Hey you can spell Salchow and I think that's just about as hard as doing one!

Rhonda Sloan said...

NCS - No, thank YOU! ;)

Omar - Yes, a car. It was a bribe. Kind of my last hoo-rah before having a child.

Elastic - tinsel covered in kitty poo just doesn't say "happy holidays" to me.

CW - I cheated. I spell checked!