Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"What the f*ck?" Wednesday

This is my 73rd "WTF? Wednesday" post ... and amazingly, it's the first one that is about me. Although I guess it would be kind of sad to be disgusted with your own ridiculousness more than once or twice a year.

So, here's the story. In an effort to reduce expenses (and lessen frustration), I decided to switch our Internet and TV service to AT&T. They offer several ways to save money, including consolidating services. After taking stock of our current accounts, here is what I discovered ... we have a sh*tload of phone numbers.
  1. The home phone
  2. Rhonda personal cell
  3. Dan personal cell
  4. Rhonda business cell
  5. Dan business cell
  6. Rhonda home office phone
  7. Dan home office phone
  8. Rhonda home office fax
  9. Dan home office fax

If you add my business office phone to the list, I have a total of 6 phone numbers and Dan has 5.

WTF is wrong with us? Why do we have so many phones? I can't even tell you that last time one of us used the damn fax machine. Alexander Graham Bell is probably turning over in his grave.

And the really ridiculous part is that you can probably only reach me 50% of the time regardless of how many phones I have.



— The B.S. Cafe is now serving ... 867-5309.



P.S. The answer to your most burning question — "What's Scarlett sitting on today?" — is ...

11 comments:

KB said...

woo hoo! What do I win for getting that rigth? :)

I find your number of phone numbers quite impressive.

Trix in the Stix said...

Nothing... because you spelled right... wrong!! HA!!

Winston was too easy of a choice!! He's perfect for sitting on... well if you're Scarlett's size anyway!

I think you may need to enter phone rehab!

Dan said...

I don't even have a home phone anymore, all I use is my cell.
So did you keep all those numbers?

Bee (the one who muses) said...

I am the one who talked Dan into removing his land line.

The hubs and I removed ours a few years back when we realized we were $70 a month for a line only telemarketers called. Now it's just our cells.

Bee (the one who muses) said...

And Scarlett is oh so cute! Nobody can sit on Tazz. He's mean.

omar said...

How many of those numbers do you have memorized?

I still haven't brought myself to ditch the home phone. It's $25-ish a month so that our parents and alma maters can call us.

Super Happy Girl said...

Omar took my question.

Scarlett should sit on one of you many phones.

Rhonda Sloan said...

KB: No prize for you. Just the glory!

Dan: We got rid of the fax lines ... and will probably lose the home office lines at some point too. Baby steps!

Omar: All of them, except Dan's new cell phone. Haven't committed that one to memory yet.

Anonymous said...

I have 4 phone numbers and everyone complains that I'm harder to reach. The two cell phones are too hard to find in the purse and I often can't hear them. I feel your pain!

Cute pic of Scarlett! I like the new "What's Scarlett sitting on today" feature.

Anonymous said...

I have 4 phone numbers and everyone complains that I'm harder to reach. The two cell phones are too hard to find in the purse and I often can't hear them. I feel your pain!

Cute pic of Scarlett! I like the new "What's Scarlett sitting on today" feature.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.