Monday, June 02, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza

It's been a solid 5 days of celebrating my birthday so far, and I have to say it's nice when it's all about ME. As you know, I took Wednesday off to do whatever the f*ck I wanted, and just in case you are curious, here is what I decided on:

  • spa pedicure and eyebrows done
  • sushi lunch with fabulous friend KB
  • shoe shopping (four pairs purchased!)
  • had my car detailed, while I ate an empanada, drank a beer, and read a newspaper
  • met husband for movie and drinks
  • stayed up late watching bad TV
Other festivities over the weekend included:

  • sleeping in on four of the past five days while the hubby got up with the kids (he's a keeper!)
  • a couples' massage with the hubby, then dinner with friends at Smith & Wollensky
I also received lots of calls and cards (thank you, fabulous friends!) and the "wrap" party to my birthday extravaganza will be this Saturday when I do lunch and the Sex in the City movie with my girlfriends. Who could ask for a better birthday?!

Here's the pictorial...mostly of desserts and food. :)


Free birthday dessert at sushi. Not that great, but looked pretty. Until KB burned herself on the sparkler.

I stopped and bought us each the cake we liked most for my b-day. Anabella was very excited.

The awesome sunglasses (my new obsession) that Dan bought me. White, blingy, Dolce & Gabbana's. Perfect for my everyday attire of sweat pants and t-shirts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous sunglasses! Can't wait for SATC!

Trix in the Stix said...

Agree... love the shades!!

KB said...

Absolutely fabulous shades! Wish I knew what the heck was surrounding the ice cream in that dessert...on the other hand, maybe I don't want to know. At least it was pretty.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Super Happy Girl said...

That is what I call a HAPPY birthday.
Fabulous :)

Dan said...

you are very welcome, I'm glad you liked them.

Rhonda Sloan said...

LOL...funny, Dan. My husband might get a little irked that you are taking credit. :)