Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday Madness...literally

So, it's my birthday...12:29 CST and in just 1-1/2 hours I will officially be 38. Yippee.

Can you sense the sarcasm? That's because I have been a bit of a pill lately* (see note at bottom for explanation...boys, you might want to cover your eyes for that part). So to cure my grumpiness, I am taking the day off to do whatever the f*ck I want. I don't even know what that is yet (I might go shopping, or I might sit somewhere and enjoy some silence, or better yet, I might enjoy some silence AND some cocktails), but whatever I do, I am really looking forward to it.

And I hereby give you permission to take the day off, celebrate my day, and do whatever the f*ck YOU want to do.

You're welcome.

P.S. Please go wish No Cool Story a happy birthday too! We are birthday sisters...same year and everything!

* I recently quit nursing, so I am back on the "real" pill (instead of the mini) and just finished my first period in 1-1/2 years. To say the hormones have been pumping would be an understatement. And I am sure my husband would be happy to tell you all about it.

10 comments:

Serdeau said...

Woohoo! Happy Birthday, Rhonda!

omar said...

You're so old, you went to preschool with Barney Rubble!

Happy birthday, Rhonda!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Look at the bright side... You will always be a youngster to me!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm going to take off work today too. I'm sure my boss will totally understand my 'But It's Rhonda's Birthday' excuse!

Happy Birthday!!!

KB said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your WTF day.

Jean Knee said...

Happy Birthday Rhonda , you hormonal hottie!

yay!

~Sheryl said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday... my dear bloggie friend Rhooooooonnnndaaaaaaaaaaaaa....
Happy birthday to you!

{tipping my triple vente soy latte to ya}

Super Happy Girl said...

You know I was first ;)
¡Feliz CumpleaƱos Rhonda!

Have a double chocolate cocktail for us 38 year old babes!!

Trix in the Stix said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Welcome to 38... it's not so bad... I've been 38 for 4 whole days now remember? Oh wait... I have had trouble staying awake at work this week. Ugh!!!
Drink many many cocktails!! If you drink enough to pass out you'll definitely get your quiet time wherever you want it!!

Anonymous said...

For once I am not late (I mean to the party). HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Enjoy your free day. I think I'll take the weekend off just to celebrate.

(That and my "baby" is graduating from high school!)