Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

Yo Gagga Gagga
Okay, it is actually called Yo Gabba Gabba, but just hearing it in the background makes me want to gag. I have a pretty high tolerance for children's television (I've been living with Elmo and the Wiggles for about 1-1/2 years now), but Anabella has moved on to just about every stupid cartoon on Noggin, including YGG, the most annoying show ever. (Well, Barney might still have it beat, but I refuse to ever let that show on my TV.)

So the other day I was doing dishes and Anabella was dancing around to YGG. I look over to see her doing some weird robot dance with this expression on her face.


Of course, I'm like "Anabella, what's up with that look on your face?" And she says "I'm dancing, mommy, I'm dancing!" I look over at the TV, and sure enough, that's the dancing face on one scary girl doing a weird robot dance.


WTF, Yo Gabba Gabba? Can't you afford some decent animators? And please close that chick's mouth...it's just vulgar. And of course, Anabella thinks it the funniest thing ever now.




Death at the Pump
I would also like to know WTF is up with people trying to kill me at the gas station? A few weeks back I had an exchange with a woman who kept making cell phone calls while pumping gas. I nicely pointed to the photo of the cell phone with a big "X" through it, and she gave me a go-to-hell look and continued her conversation.

Then last week, a dude pulls up to the other side of my pump. He gets out, starts pumping, then gets back in his car and STARTS it up! As I look around the pump, because I am positive that he didn't really do that, I see him lighting up a cigarette. Pumping gas into a running vehicle while smoking a cigarette. I totally expected him to douse us all in lighter fluid and start making cell phone calls. Geesh. WTF is wrong with people? Am I the only person who actually fears getting blown up at the gas station? I mean, someone had to die while smoking or making a phone call or whatever, or they wouldn't have those signs, right?

9 comments:

Deena said...

I think I have your idiots beat. The guy in front of me was standing next to his car, pumping his gas, with a lit cigarette in his hand.

I DID get my socks and thank you. I've been slack about taking pictures of my own hairy legs, but I swear they're coming. :)

Trix in the Stix said...

Oh lordie... I haven't seen that one... I hope Lily & Emily haven't discovered Gagga Gagga yet!!

I think they're trying to kill all of us with these friggin' gas prices!!

Super Happy Girl said...

Ok, that IS the funniest thing ever. HAHAHAHA.
sorry.

UGH! I hate idiots at the gas station. But I don't tell them anything becuase I'm afraid they'll beat me up ;)

Jean Knee said...

my grandma used to smoke while she was on oxygen--yikes!

Serdeau said...

But wait, I dance like that!!

KB said...

Maybe if we took up a collection, they could hire a decent animator, cause that is a scary face. Pox on all stupid people in general, not just at gas stations.

Anonymous said...

Uhmmm,...Heather...the "no cell phone use at the gas pump is an urban myth." They just want you (and others) to pay attention. If you do a search, you will see that there is NO issues with using your cell phone at the gas pump. Now, the guy lighting the cig...now...that's an issue. Todd

Serdeau said...

Why is Todd picking on me? Is it because I dance with my mouth open? I promise I have always used my cellphone at the pump.

Molly Malone said...

haven't these morons seen Zoolander? i'm with you, sudsing your soapbox, doll. i'm also irritated by those who keep their phones on during take off. listen, just because it's not 100% proven doesn't mean you can just go gabbing willy-nilly at wheels-up, bub. follow the rules!