Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Photo of the Week

As Dan and I were parking the car to go to dinner last Saturday night, I looked out the windshield and saw this...

Dan was all "okay, let's go in" and I'm like "uh, shouldn't we wait and see where that thing goes??" Men.

Anyway, I've seen lots of hurricanes and flooding living here in Houston, but never an almost-tornado up close and personal like that. Luckily it didn't gain force, or turn into anything destructive, but it did scare the crap out of me for a few minutes.

4 comments:

Trix in the Stix said...

That's TOO DAMN CLOSE if you ask me! Yikes!!

Super Happy Girl said...

Men.
:D Bwhahaha.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Dan was anxious to go inside and have him a Texas Tornado on the rocks. Who can be bothered with a whirling force of mass destruction?

Molly Malone said...

Both beautiful and terrifying. Thank God it didn't grow.
Having spent a big chunk'o my childhood in the Panhandle, we took cover many a time. However, I only ever saw one, back in '81 or '82 when I was a wee thing. It was a perfect inverted-triangle; black funnel cloud hanging down against a light-grey sky. Knowing the Fujita scale now, I'd say it was probably about an F-3. At least your husband took you inside. My dad got us in the car and drove us home, 10 minutes away, instead of taking us back inside the church just 10 feet away.