Monday, May 05, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

As a woman who has a very Hispanic sounding maiden name (Hector...it's actually German), I have adopted Cinco de Mayo as a personal holiday. Granted I am as Caucasian as they come, but who doesn't enjoy a day that involves margaritas, Mexican food, pinatas, and victory over the French?

However, our holiday started off in a bit of sadness. Anabella came home with a little Cinco de Mayo bear on Friday, but apparently there has been some foul play, because all we could find of him this morning was his little teeny party hat.


I think the culprit might be the newest addition to the household, Max.


I know he looks innocent enough here, maybe even downright adorable, but he has been hell on four paws since he showed up. Not only did he probably devour Mr. Cinco de Mayo Bear, he has been making my home his own personal potty for the past 10 days.
So, I am on a potty-training mission this week, or Max might be joining Mr. Cinco de Mayo Bear...wherever he may be.

6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Oh noes! Poor Mr. Cinco de Mayo Bear!

But that puppy is sure cute ;)

Trix in the Stix said...

OMG... you got a new puppy???? When did this happen?

KB said...

Lots and lots of Mexican food! Poor little Bear...maybe he'll turn up.

Jean Knee said...

he don't look innocent to me, he has guilty written all over that furry face of his

Rhonda Sloan said...

He's been here for almost two weeks, but I am not sure he is staying. :(

elasticwaistbandlady said...

MAX could use some MAXi pads to absorb all that urine and keep it from soiling your home.

My Papi has a first name and it is Hector. He is not German. :)

We party every Cinco De Mayo because that's our oldest daughter's birthday. As of Monday I am now the parent of a teenager. :0