Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"What the F*ck" Wednesday? -- Killer food


Toxic green onions, lettuce, spinach, peanut butter....and now dog and cat food. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I am starting to wonder what's going on. Seriously, WTF is going on? Is anyone else thinking that nothing is safe anymore? I guess the upside is that I haven't thought about terrorists in a long time.

Anyway, this whole pet food fiasco is really alarming to me. My most beloved pet Eddie has been going through kidney failure for the last 3 weeks. His food wasn't listed on the recall list, but it sure is a weird coincidence. And it's probably lucky for those people, because after $1,200 and forcing his to bear daily IV fluids, pills, etc., I would be suing the f*ck out of them. And the really irritating part is that a similar thing happened in May of last year. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10771943/ I can't believe more care isn't taken in the preparation of food for people and animals.


Ok, on a lighter note. WTF is up with Phil Spector and his hair? He's pleading "not guilty" right? Because this hairdo screams "I am crazy guilty!"


4 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

I almost died when I scrolled down and saw good old Crazy Phil. Really, what the heck is up with that guy.

I remember years ago when people got sick from drinking apple juice (Non-Pasteurized) and I thought that all I had to do was stay away from those. Then came the cantaloupes with e-coli and I thought all I had to do was wash them really good before cutting them. But man oh man, this is just getting too crazy, nothing is safe or sacred anymore.

Sorry about Eddie, I have heard of pets getting sick even though their food was not on the list, makes you wonder.

Kathleen said...

I can't get started on the pet food fiasco...I'd be on my soapbox all day. The whole Menu Foods INCOME FUND (key word INCOME) burns my butt. Musta shocked Phil a little, too, by the looks of his 'do.

dalene said...

screaming "crazy guilty"

Yep!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh, that crazy, crazy Phil. I always thought that he should have fathered a son and named him Inn Spector. Yeah, that would have been something sweet to report to the bad baby name biotches I hang out with.

Rhonda, you forgot to tell our blogging comrades about the epidemics hitting just the regional Houston area. Hepatitis outbreaks at Pappa's restaurants and Marble Slab Creamery. I'll die if a mass Twinkie contamination is discovered.