Saturday, March 03, 2007

Oh Happy Saturday

I was exceptionally happy today and here is why...

1. ) Anna Nicole Smith is finally buried. I know it won't be the end of all the media craziness, but it's nice that she has finally had a funeral. Who knows what really went on between her and her mother, but personally I find her mom to be selfish and kind of crazy. If you buy yourself a grave plot, it's pretty clear that is where you want to be buried. And what kind of mother would leave her child in a morgue for three weeks while she fights to bury Anna Nicole someplace she didn't even want to live? I love Texas, but Mexia is a shit hole, and I certainly wouldn't want to be buried there. Heck, I would take the Bahamas as my final resting place over Texas any day of the week.

2.) My self-cleaning oven...what an incredible invention! I guess it gets as hot as a crematorium in that thing, because it was covered in goo and crusted stuff....then voila! Just a few ashy stains remained, which I wiped off with a paper towel, and it looked brand new. I am in total amazement. Oh how happy it makes me when I don't have to clean something myself.

3.) Spring in Texas. Today was frickin' gorgeous! A nice wind, clear skies and 70 degrees. I sat outside and watched the ducks on the lake, read a book, and got a little sun. We only have about 10 days a year when you can actually sit outside for more than 15 minutes, so it was a day to be treasured.

Clearly, I am very easy to please.

4 comments:

dalene said...

Our high was 38. And I am so done with being cold! I will think of Texas and maybe it will warm me up a bit!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Yes, we went from 70 back down to a forecast for freezing temps two days later. Houston is wiggedy-wiggedy wack that way!

I'm glad I didn't splurge on the spring/summer flowers I was eyeing on Saturday when I assumed that the cold weather had passed.

Super Happy Girl said...

My self-cleaning oven. You are so smart, I'm doing mine today (clearly not as smart as you).

I'm so done with ANS and her crazy butt mom, Bratnney, and Paris and all the rest. My eyes and hear can't take it anymore.

KB said...

Take another moment to appreciate your self-cleaning oven. It took me three days to clean my oven before I moved. THREE DAYS and two cans of oven cleaner, all because I attempted a new Christmas cookie recipe that involved jam. BAD BAD JAM.