Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's Rodeo Time, Y'all

Thought all you non-Texans might like a little taste of what I like to call the "ROW-DEH-OOOOO." (Or Rodeo, to those Texans who take it seriously) In case you didn't know, Houston has the largest Row-deh-oooo in the world...and it lasts almost a month, which makes getting around on my side of town quite hellish. Enjoy.

These 6' tall boots are all around the rodeo complex, painted in different themes.



This is my daughter in a petting zoo, checking out a very large, and totally indifferent, pig.



The pig races. Need I say more?

At the "show" in Reliant Stadium.


Ok, this isn't at the rodeo (it's at my favorite BBQ joint), but it's too Texas-y not to include.

6 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

FUN!! Great pic of your daughter and the pig. She's so darling with her curls!!

omar said...

I bet that pig is indifferent because it just finished eating a young child, so he was good for at least a couple of hours.

Do they allow any gambling on those pig races? I'd get in on that.

Bill C said...

It took me a moment of concentrated staring but I finally figured out what's different between Texas armadillos and their admittedly smaller Florida couterparts:

Yours ain't roadkill.

KB said...

Pig Races???? Who knew....

Super Happy Girl said...

Look at those cute curls. I don’t like big old pot belly pigs, they scare me, so I can see your baby is braver than I'll ever be.

I love that big horned armadillo

Kathleen said...

Cheyenne has those giant cowboy boots all over the city too...Frontier Days, you know...I wonder who thought of it first?