Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patty's Day

Today is my husband's favorite holiday, which means I will be chauffeuring him to a St. Patrick's Day party so he can get trashed. He used to start at 7:00 a.m., but as we have gotten older, the people willing to get up that early to start drinking has diminished significantly. So, wish Dan good luck in his yearly goal of drinking everyone else under the table. And send good thoughts out to me...sometimes I find myself wanting to strangle all the drunks when I am the designated driver...including my own husband.

Have a great St. Patty's Day! Drink some green beer and watch the NCAA tournament. (Thank you, St. Patrick for letting Ohio State pull it out of their asses...otherwise my grid would have been totally fried!)

Here's a kiss for all you Irish out there.

3 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

Good luck! Gave up the green beer years ago!

Super Happy Girl said...

Believe it or not, this Mexican is kinda Irish, my last name is Irish (from husband) :) So, thanks for the green smooch.
Have great weekend!

yerdoingitwrong said...

Good Luck, Dan!! Pre-child I woulda joined you!

I hear ya on being the only sober one in a room full o' drunks. Makes you want to start poking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick.