Friday, March 02, 2007

Oscar Extravaganza

Last Sunday was my 5th annual Oscar Extravaganza. I rolled out the red carpet for 12 of my fabulous friends, who came over for food, wine, swag bags, and the opportunity to win the coveted Golden Biatch Award.

I love the Oscars. It's fun to try to see as many of the movies as possible (although it didn't help me pick the winners) beforehand, but my favorite part is the acceptance speeches...or, the GOOD acceptance speeches. (Forest Whitaker did a great job, but he was the only standout this year.)

Having Ellen D. as the host was an added bonus. She was so funny! And thank goodness, because otherwise this year's show was sooooooo long, and kind of boring. Anyway, here's a few photos, including the GB in her new home (until next year).

The girls walking the red carpet...
























































Party shots











































I know it's hard to believe, but I made her myself. She got a dress this year, and those are empty wine bottles around her feet. Looks like Bunny found an appropriate place for her...on a throne.

3 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

yay! Love me some girly girl fun. I love the golden biotch award and the red carpet touch!!

omar said...

That statuette is fantastic! Looks way more fun than my Oscar night was. In fact, it's been quite some time since I've been surrounded by 12 women.

Super Happy Girl said...

How FUN!! You are so cool Rhonda.
I love the red carpet.
Congrats on winning the award!

Both of them I guess ;)