Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"What the F*ck" Wednesday? -- Random Photos and a Big "Screw You!" to MORE Magazine!







I have been accumulating "WTFW" photos for a few weeks now...can't wait to hear what you think.


KRAUT juice? I can not think of one reason why I would need this. Ever.












A fish for a mailbox?










"Antique" ham cufflinks? They will set you back $200. (They were in a fabulous store in NYC recommended by Girl con Queso...and the sales guy was very helpful with taking this photo.)


I would also like to send out a BIG WTF to More Magazine. I was recently opening junk mail and came across a very colorful envelope that said "Act your Age!" Of course that got my attention, so instead of immediately chunking it, I read on...

"Welcome to the one magazine for women over 40 who love to act their age."

WHA???? I'M NOT OVER 40! What's wrong with you, More Magazine???? I am 36 thank you very much and I am already having a quasi mid-life crisis, so I really don't need you telling me to act over 40 when I am still in my 30's. Jerks.

(Note to anyone 40+....this is not a slam against the 40's. I am sure that decade totally rocks. I'm just not there yet.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your WTF Wed! And I do want those ham cufflinks. This is why I can never ever win the lottery I would have a house full of WTF Wed type objects.

Anonymous said...

Y'know, those Kraut Juice cans-- that's a really tasty-looking shade of green. If the words "Kraut Juice" didn't trigger a powerful gag reflex - and they do, believe me - I'd be tempted to try a can just because of the color.

So - how many cans did you buy?

Anonymous said...

I'm 36 also! Let's be young friends forever and ever. I'm so not ready for 40, and More Magazine: stay away from me.

That Kraut juice is just so so wrong. I don't know what Frank put in those, but I do know he's up to something not good.

The fish mailbox is great :D

omar said...

$200 ham cufflinks.

Regarding the Kraut juice, one of my closest friends works for "Great Lakes Kraut," who sells something like 70% of the sauerkraut sold in the US. I will ask him and get to the bottom of this.

omar said...

I just checked with my inside source. His company got out of the buisness of selling juice (they used to sell it in 8oz bottles), because it wasn't a big seller (GO FIGURE). However, there still is a small population out there that drinks kraut juice, whether straight or in cocktails. Those who drink it straight primarily do so for the health benefits (apparently it's vitamin-rich, and helps keep you "regular").

I learned something new today. And now I'm gonna go throw up.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm younger than you and No Cool Story. Happy days are here again!!!!! I used to get free copies of Latina magazine and Working Mother. Well, I work, but not exactly in the cutthroat corporate world that requires me to wear tweed blazers and stilettos to the office. I'm not Latina either. I don't even speak Spanish outside of ordering at a mexican restaurant.

I'm fixin to blog about sauerkraut this very day. What are the odds of this spooky coincidence? Last year I gave out jars of sauerkraut as Valentines gifts to ward off the evil avian flu.Kraut! A Little Dab'll Do Ya! I'm such a good friend. I guess I'll cross you off my list of kraut recipients after your disparaging comments. :(

Elizabeth-W said...

I'm older than you and apparently fatter than you, too, because Lane Bryant started sending me their catalogs. RUDE. How did they know my size was creeping up toward needing their services? Maybe after I hit 40 I'll need their stuff, but not yet.
I stopped by to tell you I loved your split pea soup! There are few things finer than good bowl of non-hammy/bacony split pea! Thanks.

Sketchy said...

Wow...what an interesting display of WTFrank objects you have assembled. You go above and beyond the call of duty!

Kraut juice, who knew? I didn't realize anyone was juicing their Krauts.

Bill C said...

Speaking of WTF... comment #2 was mine. Anonymous? I don't think so. Another Blogger feature, maybe?