Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ridiculously fabulous purchase of the month

If you have ever had to "smell" meat, you will appreciate this purchase. While some might call it extravagant, I think it will be worth every penny in the little fights it will keep me and the hubby from getting into over whether or not something smells deader than it was when we bought it. (He is usually in the "it's fine" corner, while I tend to belong to the "we should trash it" side.)

Because of this purchase, I will also enjoy saying goodbye to the days of waiting around for the intestinal cramping to start after he has convinced me to partake in questionable meat.

I will now experience great piece of mind knowing, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I have not eaten funky meat. Thank you, Sharper Image.

4 comments:

omar said...

The only part that leaves me skeptical is that the only feedback appears to be a red light, yellow light, and red light. Wait, that raises two concerns. First, I like to see numeric readouts whenever possible. It helps me to believe that it's not arbitrary. Second, what is the yellow light for? Does it mean "this meat is only sorta good, you'll have to make the call based on how hungry you are"?

Sketchy said...

Its a good thing I don't have to sniff for myself now, my nose was getting so very very tired.

...another sparkling water James...

Bill C said...

Meat meeter? A handheld singles bar? Oh. Meter. Sorry.

I don't know, there's still some fuzziness here. Seems like this should be "binary" i.e. good, not good. And what about deliberately aged meat products?

Of course if there *is* any fuzziness (on the meat) it's almost always a bad sign.

I'll stick with what I know is safe: ring bologna, caught in the wild.

Super Happy Girl said...

Reminds me of the diaper smell-o-thingie I saw once, just like that fabulous meat sensor thing, this one let you know if that diaper was ok, peed or gross.
Technology: Making our life easier.