Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Second Resolution of 2007 - To be More Naughty

Being a mommy doesn't leave a lot of time for naughtiness, but recently I decided to partake in some naughty behavior and quite frankly, I loved it.


Naughty Rhonda heads to the voting booth: Last November, the husband of a woman in the MOMS Club was running for a Texas State Representative position. This woman sent email after email, telling us all to vote for her husband. As if that wasn't annoying enough, one day her 3-year-old pushed my 1-1/2 year old daughter to the ground, where she hit her head on the concrete floor. Usually, I would just chalk this up to kid stuff, but the woman didn't even apologize. I was livid. So, I decided not to vote for her hubby, even though his opponent was DEAD. That's right, I voted for a dead woman. And I laughed all the way out of the polling facility.

Naughty Rhonda attends a Christmas party: My friend Halle had a White Elephant party in December (if you don't know what that is, go here). It was mostly ladies from her neighborhood, but she also included some of her closest friends. (Meaning I only knew about 5 people out of the 30.) So my friend Tracie and I took a prime spot on the couch, and with wine in hand, decided it would be fun to antagonize some of the other party goers. Not in a mean way of course, we simple encouraged more of the craziness that was already happening...picture a house full of women scheming and bickering over $25 gifts. We had women battling over a bottle of Grey Goose, a clock, and a spa gift certificate. It was a total hoot...and I went home with the much-coveted clock. HA! Here's a picture of the chaos....



This is Wendy after Jen "stole" a lovely basket of goodies from her. I was laughing almost as hard as Jen was.

Naughty Rhonda goes to a football game: Whenever my husband sees a "family" bathroom he always teases me about sneaking in and making out. This has been going on for years, but at the last Houston Texans game of the year, I called his bluff. We waited around outside the door until all the families (with real reasons to be in the family bathroom) had their turn and then in we went. Who knew the family bathroom could be so much fun?

Therefore, I resolve to continue with this trend of occasional naughtiness in 2007...it makes me laugh and it keeps me feeling young.


Have you done anything naughty recently?

6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

I see you've created a "naughtiness" label, I guess we will be reading more of this Naughty Rhonda in 2007.
You voted for the Dead Woman, ha! take that.

Last naughty thing I did, which I might have written on your blog somewhere: this jerk idiot woman parked right next to me without even looking or stopping, almost hits my daughter and then she just runs off...towards Nordstrom. I was so mad, didn't even stop, slowed down or said sorry. Since I don’t have one of your fancy fake parking tickets, I made one of my own, it wasn't nice, at all. Is that even naughty? Hmm, sounds more angry than naughty.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I was fed up with my older sons horrible behavior. One of our hot dog weenies rolled off the broiler pan and got completely blackened and funky like a subatomic turb at the back of the oven. Papi and I placed it in a Ziploc bag and wrote a lovely little letter to attach to it that said,"Since you made my naughty list this year, Rudolph has left you a little something for your stocking. Stop giving your parents crap and I'll stop giving you crap. Merry Christmas! Santa Claus."

Papi and I were laughing our fool heads off when the boy opened his stocking and tried to keep from crying. He has shown marked improvement in his attitude lately. Screw Dr. Spock! We got our own ways of disciplining round here.

dalene said...

I absolutely LOVE that you voted for a dead woman. Absolutely!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

May I just add that my boy doesn't believe in Santa Claus anymore, and that we had stocking goodies tucked away out of his sight? We're not completely heartless, you know.

Bill C said...

So you're saying - in general of course - "more naughty" is both possible and desirable?

I gots some thinkin' to do.

omar said...

I agree, the voting for the dead lady was awesome.

But I don't do anything naughty. I'm all angelic and stuff.