Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

SO much WTF-ness today...

First, how do you like these shoes? Look at the adorable little mouse faces on the toe.

Would you ever be caught dead wearing these? I expect not. But that isn't the WTF part.

Would you pay $299.94 for these ridiculous shoes (ON SALE, no less!)?

Look at these. I don't care if they are Prada...and "on sale"...I am not paying $399.94 for a pair of shoes with a 1970s-era plastic yellow buckle.

These are the least expensive of the bunch at $199.94, probably because they are beach wear, but still...they look like something Mrs. Roper would wear with one of her muumuus.


These win the "WTF, are you f*cking kidding me?" Award. I am in no way thrifty, but I can't believe someone would pay even $25 (much less $299.94) for this pair of floral print moccasins.


Seriously, DSW. WTF is going on with this shoe selection?

Death on a Platter
I know you will find this hard to believe, but the green stuff tasted even worse than it looks.


My favorite wine bar, Max's Wine Dive, changed up their menu, and this was a new addition ... "French escargot in honey bacon and sweet onion butter with hon shimeji mushroom, grilled crouton, and parsley foam."

My friends and I were very excited to try it, and quite frankly, I wasn't worried about the parsley foam because I have always lived under the assumption that parsley has no flavor.

I was so wrong. Parsley does have a flavor (especially in foam form) and it is called ASS. It was by far the worst thing I have put in my mouth in a very long time. In fact, it was so bad that I wiped off my tongue and did my best to quarantine the nastiness to one side of the plate.

What are we drinking?
According to this article ... "bacteria, caffeine, the pain reliever acetaminophen, fertilizer, solvents, plastic-making chemicals and the radioactive element strontium." WTF?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081015/ap_on_sc/impure_bottled_water

10 comments:

KB said...

OMG, the horror - mice? floral moccassins? giant plastic buckles....have shoe designers lost their ever-loving minds.

As for the parsley foam, we really should have asked for our money back.

omar said...

I wouldn't pay a dime more than $150 for the mouse shoes.

That foam stuff looks nasty.

Trix in the Stix said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That was for the shoes and the parsley foam!! Why am I not sad that I missed that dinner anymore??!!

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time finding truly good deals at DSW anyway. If I do find something I like it's either overpriced or not in my size. However it has been a long time since I've been and those shoes make me want to stay away longer!

Trix-Despite the ass-flavored parsley foam, we had a good time. We'll have to try again soon minus any parsley foam embellished dishes.

Sketchy said...

Parsley foam? ICK and double ICK

I might pay $2.99 for some of those mouse shoes in a smaller size back when my daughter was little and I could dress her in ridiculous things for my own enjoyment. Perhaps it was just a decimal point malfunction.

Trix in the Stix said...

Yeah I know Carol... I was actually just using that as an excuse so I wouldn't be so bummed about missing it!! Although from what I heard I'll have to make sure to take the day after off for the next one!!

Jean Knee said...

OH GAG WHAT FUGLY SHOES


they should pay you to take them

Bee said...

I love shoes. I love them so much I would dump my hubs if he made me choose between him and them (okay maybe not but I do dream) BUT! no way would I ever EVER pay so much money for shoes. Part of the thrill is getting them cheap cheap! :o)

Anonymous said...

We just had to order three escargots, didn't we? I do think you had more foam than me, which is why I wasn't gagging so much.

Max's usually does so much better!!!

Super Happy Girl said...

That's a freaking mouse shoe.
The moccasins are an aberration.

Foam was not meant to be consumed as people's food.