Friday, October 03, 2008

Over the hump


It's been a long few weeks...long, long, long few weeks. Besides hurricanes and stomach viruses and other small things here and there, I also work at AIG. Maybe you have heard of them? Anyway, I am only telling you so you will feel extra sorry for me.

So pretty much everything has been a shit storm lately, but after AIG's big announcement today, I think I am over the hump. I intend to celebrate this weekend with cocktails, maybe a pedicure and a massage, some quality time with my family, and staying away from all computers, Blackberries and other technological torture devices.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

floribunda said...

my condolences -- it must have been a tough couple of weeks! I am also in the (shhh) insurance industry so I've been listening to a lot of the stuff going around and trying to encourage my clients to keep sane about it. So far so good!

Anonymous said...

Wow Rhonda, I bet you are glad September is over! So much stress.

You deserve a great relaxing weekend, please enjoy and have a drink for me.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My Uncle works at AIG too. Weird. Maybe you know him?

Anyway, he was telling my mom yesterday how the formerly "mighty" head honchos all showed up on Friday looking like whipped dogs.

Jean Knee said...

so it's Monday, How'd you make out

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.

Rhonda Sloan said...

Floribunda - I would love to hear what other people in the industry are saying. Oh to be a fly on the wall! ;)

Sheryl - I had several just for you.

EWBL - Everyone has the whipped dog look, not just the execs. It's been a hard ride for Houston employees.

JK - It wasn't very relaxing, but I had a good weekend. Thx.

CW - Thx. I'm not as pitiful as I sounded. :)