Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mr. Lipstick can bite me

My main task at work over the past week has been responding to angry emails. Sometimes it's nice, because I can change a person's perspective and make them feel better about AIG, other times I get really nasty responses that make me feel like total crap.

The last email I read before leaving yesterday afternoon (to go buy a million dollar battery for the Range Rover) said something like "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Your response is the lipstick, and your company is the pig!" Nice. And of course I can't respond back with what I REALLY want to say, so I internalize all that crap and go on with my day.

When I got to the RR repair shop, I sat down and noticed this across the room.



How cute is that? I don't know why, but seeing this table full of homemade goodies totally changed my mood. Binoculars made from toilet paper tubes...only 50 cents! How about a paper purse for two bucks? Need to brush up on your math? Take a quiz!

The owner's daughter is 8 years old, and apparently she restocks her little "shop" quite often. And she's made over $80 so far. How is that for being a little entrepreneur? So I bought a drawing of a butterfly and decided that Mr. Lipstick just needs a different perspective on things.

4 comments:

KB said...

I LOVE it! It's very sweet and exactly what you needed. Screw Mr. Lipstick...that's been so overused I'm sick of hearing it.

Pox on him.

Dan said...

A Hummer and a Range Rover?
You must spend a fortune on gas.
Why are people mad at AIG?

Rhonda Sloan said...

The RR gets great gas mileage compared to the Hummer. Up until 3 months ago, my hubby and I both worked from home, so gas mileage wasn't an issue.

Really? You don't know why people are mad at AIG? I'm certainly not telling you! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

That's so adorable, the telescope, paper purse and math quiz are great ideas.

Sorry about the yucky angry people. Hey, at least is not blue poo water.