Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Taking a Chill Pill


Sorry I haven't been around much, but I have been taking it easy. I don't think I have ever shared here that I have Crohn's disease (mainly because it has been in remission and quite frankly, it's a bit of a downer), but I do ... and it's back with a vengeance.

So, I've been relaxing as much as possible, which means everything else has been sidelined over the past week. But the good news is I am feeling better every day and apparently potato soup is a miracle cure for intestinal disorders. Just so you know.

I have also been taken off of "hate mail" duty at work and that helped my angry gut almost immediately. But here is what I learned from answering nasty emails for almost two weeks.
  1. Excessive use of exclamation points (e.g. I am so angry!!!!!!) or question marks (e.g. What is wrong with you people??????????) means you are very, VERY pissed.
  2. Some people don't understand how to use rhetorical questions properly. (e.g. Don't you think I would like a spa vacation??? I demand an answer!)
  3. Making threats is okay, just make sure suspicion won't fall on you by using a clause like "Not that I would do that," "I don't think it's right, but..." or "I'm not saying I want this to happen, but..."
  4. If a person closes a letter by saying "I'm not crazy, I just want to know," they are crazy.

4 comments:

Bee said...

:o(
I thought I got pooped on at work but it must be really hard for you right now.

I hope it goes back in remission soon. :o)

KB said...

Yeah, I think it's a safe bet that if anyone volunteers (unsolicited) that they are not crazy, they are.

Glad you're feeling better!

Super Happy Girl said...

:( Boo that sucks.

Nasty e-mails would be enough to give me diarrhea.

Anonymous said...

Well good thing it's potato soup and not cabbage soup!

Too bad those nasty emails are just so funny! But glad you broke free of them and are feeling better.