Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday


How is this a "medium" diet coke? I know I am dating myself here, but I remember when a coke this big was called a BIG GULP. Now, it's just a medium. I'm almost scared to see what the BIG one looks like. No wonder we are all fat now. WTF, Jack in the Crack? Can't you make a normal-sized drink?

Speaking of....I saw on TV that 1 in 3 of us is overweight/obese. Does that sound a little high to you? If they are including all the people who need to lose like 5 or 10 pounds, then maybe, but I don't think 1 in 3 are truly overweight. (I did a random count today while out running errands, and I came up with 1 in 6. )

Can you tell that I have diet on the brain? It's because I am on my second week of NutriSystems and all I can think about is food and dieting. Oh, and my crazy babysitter informed me that she lost 5 pounds in 4 days by simply reducing her donut intake from ONE DOZEN every morning to "just 3." And she only ate one sausage biscuit instead of two. And she only drank 3 Dr. Pepper's. Poor thing must be starving!

So, WTF, Universe? She is 45 and eats like a truckload of teenage boys. I am eating diet crap out of box and nursing a baby, yet she loses more than twice as much weight in half the time. Something is wrong in that equation.

6 comments:

omar said...

Depends on the measurement of obesity. By the body mass index calculation, I'm obese. (I've got some pounds to lose, but I don't think that most people would look at me and say I'm obese.) Many body builders and pro athletes would be obese as well. So some of those figures are bunk, in my opinion. BUNK.

That is a pretty big medium soda, also.

Super Happy Girl said...

I hate their size system. Medium should be label gigantic medium. How can anyone drink all that? I can barely drink a whole can of delicious coke.

Mississisisisisispi is considering a ban on Obese at restaurants. I call this "Medium Stupidity".

KB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KB said...

It's ridiculous! Can I add a call for actually serving a SMALL small Coke at the movies? And, no thank you I don't want to make my gigantic small in to your bucket 'o Coke (I'm sorry medium) for a quarter. I'd like to actually see the movie, no spend the whole time in the bathroom.

1 in 3 does sound like a bit of an overstatement, to me.

Anonymous said...

What y'all don't like to go swimming in your sodas???

Too bad it would be too hard to smuggle a 2 liter bottle of Coke into the movies... that would only cost us 99 cents... and we could split it!

Jean Knee said...

my hub could drink two of those mediums and still be thirsty.

I don't get it