Thursday, February 21, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday (belated) - Let's talk about poop

Or, let's not. I know it's probably my own fault for blogging about Anabella and her fascination with poop, but somehow, I opened a secret door and everyone now wants to talk to me about poop. I'm stranded in Poopy Universe, if you will.

My sister-in-law quit going to her bunko group a few years back because the women (a group she called "the poopy girls") were always talking about bathroom stuff...their bathroom issues, their husbands' bathroom issues, their kids' bathroom issues, etc. At the time, I really didn't believe that a group of women couldn't find something else to gab about. But now that I am in Poopy Universe, I totally get it.

It started out slow enough. A good friend with a nickname based on a poopy story (you know who you are!)...fine, that's funny. No problem. Then Anabella and all her shenanigans. Definitely a problem, but not much I could do about it. Next came all the poopy talk with the moms at Anabella's school...who is playing with their poopy, who isn't, etc. And of course the poopy talk with the teachers about potty training.

But the real fun was at the Hummer dealership. I am sitting in the salesman's office and he is showing me all the goodies that come with the truck. Then he hands me my big owner's manual and says "this is some good reading for the pooper."

WTF? Then, I actually find myself gearing up for the explanation that I don't read in the bathroom...that I am more of a "get in and get out" kind of girl...but I said to myself "the poopy talk stops here!" I don't want to talk about what I do or don't do in the bathroom with the dude who sold me a car. That's just not right. I refuse.

So I am on poopy hiatus...at least for a week or two. And if you find you don't have anything to say unless you are talking about poop, then here is something for you to "read of the pooper." Apparently there is a whole "Institute" dedicated to that very activity!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit it's me... but at least NO ONE would ever guess how my nickname was derived from a poop story... right? And you have to admit it is a little funny!

P.S. I'm pretty sure I haven't discussed any poopy stories with you lately... BUT... any chance I get immunity from poop free talk since... well... ya know if I'm talking about it... it's probably a funny poop story???

Anonymous said...

P.S. I have a little crossword puzzle book... shaped like a toilet seat! I can't remember what the title is or who gave it to me. But it's called Sit and Something or Something and Sit. So of course I had to cross off the Sit and replace it with Sh*t!!

Anonymous said...

I promise not to discuss poopy with you if you talk to me. I have the advantage of only having people 15 and up in my household. Teenagers don't like to discuss it and I'm OK with that. For some odd reason, my husband likes to talk about it though so avoid him!

Anonymous said...

The Bathroom Reader books are great. But I tend to read them outside of the bathroom.

And I think you are so wise to draw the line with the Hummer car dealer. I mean there have to be boundaries somewhere, you know? Good for you.

Super Happy Girl said...

Barf.
I don't like to know that people read in the bathroom. I don't and we don't have reading "material" in any of are bathrooms. To me it's Teh Ewwww. Get in and get out, no need to "marinate" in the fragances :P

"this is some good reading for the pooper." You sir and weird and gross.

Super Happy Girl said...

PS: I was once at a garage sail and they had a bathroom reader book,
EWWWW GROSSSSSS!!
Who would even touch that?