Monday, July 30, 2007

Let's just say it's the hormones

In the past few weeks, I have encountered several people who made me want to punch them in the face, including:

- The checkout lady at Party City who asked me if I was having twins. When I said "no," she replied "but you are so BIG." Yes, yes I am, f*ck you very much.
- The woman giving me a pedicure last weekend who said she didn't even notice I was pregnant...apparently, she just thought I was wicked fat.
- The mother at Chick-fil-a who wouldn't control her daughter (or even watch her for that matter), who insisted on pulling and pushing my daughter around (and my friend's twin daughters) in the play area. I finally had to ask her daughter to quit manhandling them myself. Argh.

Then there are the people that I imagined doing something evil to me:
- The cashier at Chick-fil-a who I thought was giving me flack over ordering a coke, but who was actually just concerned because I was holding my stomach (it's sort of an arm rest these days).
- The woman who kept staring to the point that I almost asked "what the f*ck is your problem?" Before I blurted it out, she said "you look so radiant."

Man, what is wrong with me? Shouldn't I be all glowing and nesting and whatever? Instead, I'm acting like I am in in training to be the Ultimate Fighting Champion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. I wish I had a good excuse for when I feel like that.

Hang in there:)

Anonymous said...

Well how about not being preggers and having a 6 year old ask you... "did you just have a baby"?
Me: "no, why did you think that"?
6 yr old... no words... just a glance at my pooch and her eyes saying to me... "why do you think"?
Hey Missy... It's called a filter... learn how to use it!!!

-Kim

Jean Knee said...

I was never radiant when pregnant.
people who say they loved being pregnant and glowing and all are either liars or pollyannas who think even root canals have their upside

Bee said...

Blog Hopping from Word Imperfect.

You're blog is one of the funniest ones I've read! [I can say that with authority since I seem to have a problem focusing on work and read blogs instead]

Super Happy Girl said...

Get yourself a shirt that says: "I'm pregnant. Get out of my way".
I'd so totally get the message and stay 50 yards away form you.
:)

Rhonda Sloan said...

Kim - Who did that kid belong to? Did you slap her? ;)

JK - I've never had a root canal...is it worse than pregnancy?

Bee - Welcome and thanks!

NCS - Where exactly do I find one of those?