Sunday, July 15, 2007

Elmo Party a Complete Success


We hired Elmo to visit during my daughter's birthday today, and I am happy to report that only 1 out of 9 children was completely terrified. In fact, my daughter had a complete blast. She was dancing and running around like a crazy girl...it was so cute.

Elmo was accompanied by a "handler," who orchestrated dancing and games. At one point, he was trying to get the kiddos to name the other Sesame Street characters. Anabella, who was front and center, would scream out some random noun for every picture. Then, he shows a photo of Kermit the Frog...

Handler: Who is this?

Anabella: (points) YOUR BABY!

All the parents burst out laughing.

Handler: MY baby? Hmmm....I need to get my money back.

Friend standing next to me: Poor guy, he just got slammed by a 2 year old!



P.S. Omar, I have accepted your challenge and am now eating my third piece of cake. Not sure I can beat your 17, but I am willing to try!

9 comments:

omar said...

Three pieces of cake? Pshaw. Call me when you're ready to play with the big boys. Figuratively speaking.

My kid would have been terrified, I think.

Super Happy Girl said...

That's one big Elmo, Fashionista would have fainted for sure.

3 pieces of cake so far? I'm out Rhonda.

Bill C said...

Anyone try the tickle-me feature?

Sketchy said...

Did you notice the slightly demented stare that Elmo is fixating on your daughter in that picture? I mean seriously I would have been trying to snatch her out of his arms.

...but maybe it's leftover "Goofy" trauma from my first trip to Disneyland affecting me.

Anonymous said...

Elmo's my favorite.

After cookie monster before he started eating vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Elmo's slightly demented stare is looking right at Rhonda's "Unchallenged Winner" no award. He wants that no award and he'll drop your baby just to get at it!

Also, I think your daughter has been practicing your "look". Just compare with your profile pic and tell me I'm wrong. For reals, ya'll.

Special K ~Toni said...

Glad you Elmo -polooza went well! Great picture!

Ann(ie) said...

That is such a cute picture!!

omar said...

Upon further review of that picture, I'm wondering how the person inside the Elmo can see. The mouth is barely open, was the nose see-thru?