Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday -- Nuts and Cracks


NUTS
I was reading in my local paper yesterday about a "nut fry" in Wisconsin, which they cleverly pointed out did not have cashews or peanuts. Apparently 300 people got together to eat goat, lamb and bull testicles (and they paid $5!). Yum. My favorite part of the story is a quote from an attendee named Butch, who likes his nuts between bread with tartar sauce. According to Butch, testicles taste just like meatballs. "After a few beers, you can't really tell the difference." Uh huh.


CRACKS
An online version of a Houston paper recently published the top 10 passwords...sometimes it seems like the media is more about helping criminals than informing the rest of us (did you get the YouTube video about how to "tap" deadbolts?) So here you go, all you identity theft jerks. Not that you needed help cracking our incredibly clever and well-thought-out passwords.

10. (yourfirstname)
9. blink182
8. password1
7. myspace1
6. monkey (RaJ???!!)
5. letmein
4. abc123
3. qwerty
2. 123456
1. password

9 comments:

Sketchy said...

I knew there was something wrong with Wisconsin!

And yeah they didn't post my preferred password of choice...sheesh!

PS: Am I first?

Sketchy said...

YAY! Firstity First!

Bill C said...

Lamb fries, Chevy Chase, Funny Farm. That's all I need.

And while I will neither confirm nor deny any involvement in the number six ranking of 'monkey' as a password, I will say this: expect to see it move closer to the number one spot by this time next year, at least among computer users disinclined to wear aluminum foil "deflector" beanies.

Super Happy Girl said...

Password...GENIUS!

Special K ~Toni said...

Mine's not on there- yay!

~Sheryl said...

Remind me to never eat meatballs over at Butch's house!

When I saw the password "letmein" I was reminded of the time a co-worker asked me to change her password to "stayoff" to keep people form logging onto her computer. I decided not to mention that just changing her password would probably take care of that problem.

omar said...

First of all, I'd like to say for the record that I will never willingly partake in the practice of eating testicles.

The part about passwords makes me cringe. I'd bet that people's children's names or pet names are also pretty popular, based on the people I talk to every day who say, "I've been using my daughter's name as my password for the last 5 years, I don't know why it stopped working now!"

Anonymous said...

My favorite password is "enter."

Super Happy Girl said...

I wanted to comment on the story above, but it's closed to comments (a conspiracy perhaps?)
The comment is this: GROSS!!

/Comment