Monday, August 10, 2009

Ahhh, the weekends

Life has been exceptionally good lately. The last three weekends have been so much fun that it actually made up for all the crap I put up with during the week. What a nice change!

I took Anabella for her first pedicure, which she loved. Between the cartoons, the ice cream with sprinkles and the flowers painted on her toenails, I think she's hooked. She giggled through her entire foot rub, which was highly entertaining for everyone.


I also spent a recent weekend at Lake Livingston, relaxing with girlfriends. At first, that mommy guilt kicked in, but once I had a coffee martini in me (drinking at 10 a.m. rocks!), I was in heaven. It's been a long time since I have laughed so much and so hard. This is a place I've been visiting since my mid-20's, so it was nice to reconnect with ME. I took some notes on my iPhone of all the funny things said that day, but when I went back and read them ... well, it wasn't exactly PG stuff. Girls can be raunchy after a few vodka lemonades!

Check out the view ... how perfect is that? I also got to indulge my need for speed on one of the new wave runners. 49 MPH, folks! (I had the butt bruises to prove it.)


Last weekend, Anabella and I went to KB's house to help decorate cupcakes for a bake sale to support my friend Kathy's puppy rescue charity. Anabella had the best time and looked friggin' adorable. She even did a pretty good job decorating.



And sampling ...



And then we got to bottle feed these sweet little babies ... all 8 of them. My recent tingling of wanting another baby was completely squashed, so that was the good news.


Scarlett is still adorable and perfect ... and nearing two! Lately, she has been discovering her love of shoes.


And the best part of the last few weekends ... Anabella is now miraculously potty trained! I don't WTF happened there, but thank you to the potty gods for small favors. That child has given me more bathroom problems than I could have ever imagined ... remember the days of finger painting with poop?! Or when I had to duct tape her into her diapers? No more! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

How perfectly sweet those girls are - I esp. loved the one with the chef hat!

Brian o vretanos said...

I'm torn between feeling curious about your non-PG notes and suspecting that us men are better off not knowing...

The major advantage that children have over pets is that there comes a time when you don't have to worry about their waste products.

Trix in the Stix said...

The girls look adorable!! Hope they get to meet Lily & Emily this week!!

floribunda said...

I just started getting pedicures a few months ago, and I giggled all the way through the first time, too!