Monday, April 06, 2009

Oh no!

Scarlett's new favorite saying ... and the only response the Comcast Customer Service person could come up with when I canceled my service today.

"Oh no. We hate to lose you as a customer."

"Oh no. I can't believe they didn't offer you the preferred package."

"Oh no. That's too bad."

It's cute as hell when my 18-month old says it over and over. When the lady on the telephone does it, I want to strangle someone.

My computer has also mysteriously rebooted itself five times since I got to work, and some dude in another office called and gave me an a**chewing because he wasn't happy with the employee newsletter.

Happy Monday.



-- The B.S. Cafe is now serving a tiny dose of Monday-morning hostility.


P.S. What's Scarlett sitting on today? A tiny tractor. She's a bonnet and camouflage-wearing farmer. Oh no.


7 comments:

floribunda said...

How about a children's picture book called "What's Scarlett Sitting On?" -- too cute! Hope Monday gets better...

Dan said...

Happy Monday!
So what did you get instead of Comcast? I had Comcast and regret changing.

KB said...

She makes one heck of a cute farmer.

omar said...

Comcast can't be all bad, they do have that catchy commercial... And they have to be better than Time Warner.

Oh no!

Brian o vretanos said...

I hope your week's getting better as it progresses. Oh yes.

Bee said...

Rebooted 5 times?? Oh lord! That can't be good. I don't know what it means but it can't be good.

Soo cute in her bonnet. :o)

Rhonda Sloan said...

Floribunda - OMG, I love that idea.

Dan - AT&T uverse. It rocks.

KB - Thx. :)

Omar - Better than Time Warner, but not as good as AT&T.

Brian - It got worse, but thanks for trying.

Bee - And then it mysteriously stopped. Is that good or bad?