Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter recap

Oh what a crazy, jam-packed weekend. After two failed attempts to get a picture with the Easter bunny, I finally gave up and tried to convince myself that Scarlett would have just cried anyway. But secretly, I'm still sad about it. (On Friday night, the line was closed, so Dan told the girls that the EB was sleeping. Saturday, the line wrapped around the place twice, so I told them the EB was sick and needed some rest for Sunday. Are we nominees for the bad parent award yet? )

Otherwise the weekend went well ... birthday parties, Easter egg coloring and "hatching" (meaning Anabella squishing a hard-boiled egg), hoarding of Easter basket goodies ("MINE!"), and of course, lots of chocolate. Here's a few photos:







Maybe now Anabella will finally quit asking me to help her make Valentine cards.



-- The B.S. Cafe is now serving a classic Easter bunny photo from 2006. How cute is she?




P.S. What's Scarlett sitting on today? An Easter basket, of course. (Although she couldn't squeeze all the way into it.)


8 comments:

omar said...

"Are we nominees for the bad parent award yet?"

Child Protective Services should be there any minute.

(Note that I've never taken either of my kids to have a picture taken with the Easter Bunny.)

Brian o vretanos said...

As far as children are concerned almost any disappointment is made up for with enough chocolate...

I don't think I've ever seen an EB - maybe they don't have them here.

Trix in the Stix said...

Well I think no Easter bunny picture is better than the one my sister had taken with my nieces this year... SCARY BUNNY!! See blog.

Rhonda Sloan said...

Omar - I was more worried about the lying than the missing of a photo op with EB.

Brian - That is so true. One Build-a-Bear and a package of M&Ms later, Anabella was all like "Easter bunny who?"

Kim - That bunny just needs a new outfit.

omar said...

Heh. I originally wrote "but at least I didn't lie to my kids" at the end of my comment, but then I thought it might be a little harsh. I should have left it in!

Bee (the one who muses) said...

hmmm I see you bragging about the fact that you were able to do some activities outside while the rest of us unlucky folk were freezing in the Midwest. Not cool. ;o)

Dan said...

Classic? after two years?

KB said...

Love Scarlett's hat!

Personally, I think little white lies make for good parenting. The harsh light of reality hits soon enough.