Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

Has anyone figured out WTF goes on in the mind of a three year old? The two's were pretty crazy...with the new baby and lots of temper tantrums and such...but as we approach three, I find that I am completely baffled by Anabella about 50% of the time.

Every day is a new slate when it comes to how things in Anabella's world should work. Did it work great yesterday? Tough sh*t. We are doing it completely different today.

For instance, Anabella is usually perfectly content to have her apples cut up. Today? NO. NO MOMMY! She wants the whole apple and there will be hell to pay if I get near it with a cutting utensil. Fine, so I hand her the apple.

About 10 minutes later, she declares she is done.


WTF? Not only did you not eat the apple, you mauled it to the point that no one else is going to eat the rest of it.

McIdiots
I would also like to know WTF is up with this? Based on my calculations, depending on how many nuggets you buy, the ratio of nugget to sauce fluctuates wildly and with no mathematical reasoning applied. Seems like a pretty random "policy" to me. If I buy two 10-piece meals instead of 1 20-piece and return that extra sauce that you think I don't need, will you give me 10 cents (plus tax) back? Idiots.

12 comments:

omar said...

If it's any consolation, my three year old is crazy as well. Though, in his defense, he's going through the new baby adjustment right now.

Though now that I think about it, the kid's been nuts since before the new baby arrived.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the diversion! My coworker and I were discussing the McNugget sauce policy for a good 10 minutes. However we decided that we couldn't do a proper cost analysis on the different nugget order size/number of sauces until we find out how much each order size costs. I'll get back to you with my research.

Trix in the Stix said...

Clearly the route to go is to buy the 10 piece nuggets... well if you want a lot of nuggets anyway. I wonder who figured out the math on that shit. You get totally screwed if you buy a 20 pack. Although last time I was home I went and picked up 3 10 packs of nuggets for my mom's day care kids... and I didn't get any flippin' sauces... Nada... Zip... Nuttin'! Good thing kids just want ketchup or ranch which my mom already had!
FYI... It's also cheaper to buy 2 10 packs than a 20 pack too... that's what the drive thru lady told me. So what's the point of the 20 pack anyway??? It costs more and you get screwed on sauce!!

KB said...

The ultimate question is why exactly did McDonalds start the policy in the first place, big run on nugget sauce? Also, I wonder how many financial analysists worked on developing it and how long final approval took.

I wonder who AB saw eating an apple the old fashioned way.

Dan said...

Dan as in me not the other one.
You can all thank me now.

Trix in the Stix said...

Hmmmm... Wow and I always thought I was being rude when I told people their shit sucked and to get rid of it! Good to know!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I've lived through the 3-year old stage a grand total of 6 times. If you can survive the next year you can survive anything, woman!

Rhonda Sloan said...

And you should get a medal for that, EWBL!

Omar, BEWARE. The "new baby adjustment" period will test your patience to no end.

Kim, I hate that word verify crap too, so I didn't take it personally. Otherwise, I might have told Dan to stick it. Nicely, of course.

Bee said...

The picture of that apple is just awesome! I'd frame it and give to her on her 18th birthday.

Dan is always making trouble. Also, it's Snow White Dan.

Kevin McKeever said...

I'm impressed someone at McD's even considered a sauce ratio chart.

Like the blog much. I'll be back.

Super Happy Girl said...

The apple: She was trying to make a happy face Rhonda.
A happy face for you!

Kaza said...

I know, the randomness of 3-year-old logic is baffling. The apple reminded me of the cinnamon bread we had for breakfast today: she offered me the half of her piece that she didn't want to finish. I started to take a bite, but, upon noticing the sheen on the bread, stopped and asked "Wait, did you LICK the cinnamon sugar off of this?" She denied it, but the evidence was right in front of me. Needless to say, I didn't eat it. I have no qualms about finishing my child's half-eaten food, but if it's been thoroughly licked? A mom's gotta to draw the line somewhere.