Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scaredy Cat

Anabella has been talking about monsters a lot lately (but not in an "I'm scared" kind of way), so I have been working very hard to assure her that monsters aren't something to be afraid of.

However, something has happened in my subconscious, because I am suddenly afraid of everything. The other night I was brushing my teeth and when I looked up into the mirror, I saw Dan and screamed. But since I had a mouth full of toothpaste, it was more of a open-mouthed gargle that sent toothpaste all over the counter and mirror. He thought it was hysterical, but I was all like "WTF?" When did I turn into such a p*ssygirl?

Then tonight, I opened the front door to pull a flyer off the door handle, and a medium-sized spider falls onto the floor. I HATE spiders, so I stepped on him. But when I pulled my foot back, a 100 tiny spiders scattered across the floor. I screamed so loud that the neighbor walking across the street ran over and immediately helped me river dance on all those little guys. (thank goodness for cool, spider-hatin neighbors) The way my heart was racing you would think a boa constrictor just popped out of the closet.

So clearly I need help, because I just walked into the bathroom, turned on the light and let out a shriek so loud that Dan came running from the second floor, opposite side of the house. Here's the scary monster in the bathroom.

BOO! It's Dora the Mermaid!

7 comments:

omar said...

The spider thing would have freaked me out, too. In fact, I wasn't there, and I'm a little freaked out by it.

And I bet you're not the first or the last to have Dora make you scream, so don't feel like you're alone on that.

Trix in the Stix said...

Well Dora is scary Rhonda! Even scarier is the amount of money I've spent on Dora crap for my niece! Thank goodness she has moved on to the Princess phase. And even better that her little sister doesn't mind the hand-me-down Dora junk!

Anonymous said...

The spider thing would have freaked me out too! EW!

KB said...

I'm completely freaked out by the spiders and I'm across town.

And a small, plastic, legless doll would scare me, too. Sorry, didn't realize it was Dora....still SCARY.

Super Happy Girl said...

I was brushing my teeth the other night (in the dark because I was too lazy to go around and turn on the light), only a little bit of light reflected on the mirror.
Then I thought about that bloody mary thing that you say 3 times on the mirror or whatever and as I was thinking about it I was actually saying it...
I ran out of there as fast as I could.

Super Happy Girl said...

Yeah, I would put a towel on top of that Dora mermaid monster.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I saw a freaky albino roach the size of my palm scurrying around my kitchen in the middle of the night.

Nothing tops that!

(It was really scary. I've never seen a yellowish white tree roach before.)