Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Scoop

I am going to back to work...tomorrow. It's been three years since I've worked full time, and almost eight years since I worked in Corporate America, so I think I might be in for quite a shock.

In addition to my sadness about leaving the girls (and the little company I have built), and not being 100% certain this is the right thing to do, I have also been completely traumatized by shopping for work clothes this past week. You would think getting a whole new "non-mommy" wardrobe would be fun, but I would have enjoyed myself more if I had been dining on glass and sipping antifreeze. But I muddled through and spent all day Friday shopping for shoes, which got my spirits back up.

So, wish me luck. I'm not going to mention the company (unless you can guarantee I will reap fame and wealth like Dooce), but I am very excited about the job (public relations and corporate communications) and it seems like a great place to work.

Here's hoping I can drag my a** out of bed on time, and that I don't go road-ragetastic on someone first thing in the morning!

6 comments:

KB said...

Congratulations on the new gig! You'll be great.

omar said...

Best of luck, Rhonda! Of course it'll be a tough adjustment, but you'll do fine.

Either that, or you'll regret your decision, turn to alcohol, and your kids will go into foster care. But really, what are the chances of that? Slim to none, I'd guess.

Trix in the Stix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trix in the Stix said...

Let me try this again...

I bet it will be fun and exciting... for a day or two!!

Congrats & Good Luck!

P.S. I'm glad we are not on the same route to work!

Anonymous said...

So how did it go? Are we ever going to see you posting again with your new exciting life?

Anonymous said...

yeah so I'm late again, but best wishes!