Friday, April 11, 2008

How I know I am getting old

  1. I told someone who is 30 that he is a "baby."
  2. I scolded some teenagers for running in the hall and bumping into my 2-year-old daughter at school. (Although I did say it in a very young, hip way..."Hey Dudes, take it down a notch!)
  3. I chased some elementary school kids down the street after they threw pine cones at my car. When I caught up to them, I threatened to call their parents and the police. (WTF, me?! Don't be crazy parent-calling lady!!!!)
  4. Some teenagers asked me how old they looked, and the one who I guessed to be the oldest was EXCITED. And I couldn't remember when I was last excited to look older. And I told them not to try to grow up so fast. (Wha??? Only old people say that!)
  5. I found two pair of shoes I liked in a particular style I wanted...and I bought the pair that was more COMFORTABLE, instead of the ultra-cute pair!

6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Next you are going to pinch kids' cheeks and call them honey.


Oh.

Sorry, I didn't realized you were already doing that.

Super Happy Girl said...

Our birthday is coming. Older.Wiser.Wittier.Saggier.

BTW, "I didn't realize(d)" was totally on purpose. I wanted to see if you would notice.

Super Happy Girl said...

Hey, have you read this?

I, of course, thought about you.

Trix in the Stix said...

OK... Well I'm 4 days older than you and I've only done #1!
And as for #5... I bought 2 pairs of super hot shoes this weekend... and I don't think either of them fall into the "comfortable shoe" category!!

However I do get called Ma'am A LOT and that irks me to no end!!

Jean Knee said...

I'm old and all but I haven't gotten any of that peace and wisdom people claim replaces youth. cellulite's the only thing that's replaced my youth

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm getting so old that I have to use all my strength to hold myself in before sneezing so I don't accidentally piss and/or crap myself.