Sunday, April 20, 2008

End of a Hair-a

It's been many years since I have done more than trim my hair. I decided when I got pregnant with Scarlett that I would grow it as long as possible and then cut it for Locks of Love. Well, Scarlett turned seven months old last week, and my hair was still going strong. So I made an appointment. No big deal, right?

Not exactly. As I got closer and closer to the salon, I started having a panic attack...frantically calling my closest friends for the mental shove I needed. Of course I couldn't get anyone on the phone, so I sat in the parking lot, not sure I could even go in. (I had no idea I was so attached to my hair! No pun intended.) After several arguments with myself, I finally got a grip and realized the whole point was to help a child who has lost ALL of his or her hair and there I was freaking out about just cutting mine. So I sucked it up, put on my big girl panties, and went inside.


Rhonda before:




One pair of scissors, one cocktail, and 15 minutes later...Rhonda after:

So a 12" ponytail will be on it's way to Locks of Love on Monday. If you want to know more about it, visit www.locksoflove.org.

And big kudos to my friend Nam who did the exact same thing last week. She was even excited about her new, sassy haircut, so she gets an extra thumbs up for not being a big cry baby.

5 comments:

KB said...

You just gave an amazing gift to a sick child. You go girl! (and your big girl panites)

Trix in the Stix said...

I was wondering when you were going to do that... Good Job! And from a short hair girl point of view... you still have really long hair... even without the 12 inches!

omar said...

We can see your face a lot better in the "after" picture.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I should do that! I have a long way to go now though. I cut off about 6 inches about 3 months so I would have to grow mine for at least a year.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

It looks smokin!

I have a nice little collection of 3 long ponytails to send out to Locks Of Love this week.

I'm still growing mine out a little more.