Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What the F*ck? Wednesday - The man I can't escape

WTF is up with Kevin Trudeau? This guy is everywhere...if you are up all night long watching TV, that is. He has an infomercial on every other channel...he's apparently quite a know it all...he has the secrets! Weight loss or alternative cures to diseases or speed reading or increasing your memory...Kevin Trudeau has the answer. But the real kicker is that he isn't a doctor nor has he had any medical training...WTF, TV people? You don't have to be qualified to dispense medical advice these days?


And WTF happened to the cool infomercials where they actually sell stuff a sleep-deprived woman wants? During the first few months of my other daughter's life, I bought a Magic Bullet, the Paint Buddy, the 6-week Body Makeover, the TurboJam Workout and a Scunci Steamer. Now my only choices are some nut job giving out medical advice and people who want me to buy foreclosed homes. Am I going to have to start watching QVC or HSN? I can only take so many more late night reruns of The Hills and The Real World.

5 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Never heard of the guy.
But I will tell you this: I bought that Scunci Steamer. It's crap
:)

Special K ~Toni said...

That guy drives me nuts!

Yep- they just don't make those info-mercials like in the good ole days!

KB said...

Ah, my favorite TV-lunatic. You know he's already been served at least one cease-and-desist order by the FDA for making false medical claims. NUT JOB!! But I will admit to have watching some of the "Medical Cures" book. Apparently, doctors, the government and pharmaceutical companies have joined together to make sure we all stay sick. "They" don't want you to get well. Again -- NUT JOB!

Sorry Rhonda. You can always borrow my M*A*S*H DVDs. :)

Rhonda Sloan said...

NCS - that steamer does suck. but the Magic Bullet rocks...you should get one!

Toni - What a shocker! Never thought I would miss infomercials. :) Where is Cher selling hair stuff?!

KB - I did a little research on him at about 4 am last night. Apparently he is quite the criminal, on top of being born a medical mastermind.

Jean Knee said...

see if this helps.. take three sominex and call me in the morning?