Monday, September 24, 2007

It's not Thursday?

I know I promised a pic and post by last Thursday, but apparently I was high on hormones. I forgot just how much having a baby kicks your ass. But I digress....

INTRODUCING....Scarlett Mae
!!




Turns out that she was a big baby (thank goodness!). She weighed in at 8 pounds and 14 ounces. She's a total sweetheart, and a very good baby so far (knocking on wood), I just didn't realize the challenge I was facing coupling new baby/sleep deprivation with trying to maintain a happy relationship with my two year old. She's lost it several times, and I was not at all prepared for the feelings of guilt, sadness, etc.

But other than that, everything is GREAT. Ha!

And thanks for all the notes....I really appreciate it. If you leave a comment on this post, you can be a part of Scarlett's permanent record. (I am going to print it out and put it in her baby book. So keep it clean people.)

12 comments:

LizLSB said...

What an exquisitely gorgeous baby girl she is! Love the name too. May Scarlett have a wonderful life. Try to take care of you, so you can better take care of them. :)

omar said...

Congratulations! And welcome, Scarlett!

And btw, scarlettmae.net is available.

Special K ~Toni said...

She is breathtakingly beautiful! Y'all did good!

Scarlett Mae is a wonderful name!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oooooh, Scarlett is actually a lovely shade of pink! She's gorgeous, Rhonda. Congratulations!

Super Happy Girl said...

She's so BEAUTIFUL!!! OMGosh!
Welcome Scarlett Mae, you gorgeous baby :)

You did good Rhonda. A+++

Anonymous said...

Welcome Scarlett! You are beautiful and you make this world a better place!

Rhonda--after having wished you a speedy delivery, I now wish for you a speedy recovery. Sleep when that sweet baby sleeps.

Sooooo sweet!!!

Sketchy said...

Precious, precious girl! Congratulations!

Well done Mama. And don't worry soon 2 will feel well, you know not easy, but natural.

KB said...

She is so beautiful. Welcome to the world Ms. Scarlett.

~Sheryl said...

She's just gorgeous! And Scarlett Mae fits her to a T.

I'm glad Mom and baby are doing well. I'm sure things will seem normal in no time.

Sending sleep vibes your way.

Jean Knee said...

so sweet and soft, just like a baby girl should be

Anonymous said...

Awww!!! She's beautiful!

Welcome Scarlett Mae. Can't wait to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful baby! She's totally precious!