Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday - Mean Package Makers


We have all been through the problem of finding it nearly impossible to get into a DVD, or some electronic do-dad, or God-forbid, a toy...and I suppose there might be a reason for such tight security around a $10 iPod case...but now the Mean Package Makers have gone too far.

This is the culprit...it's my prenatal vitamin package.



It's looks innocent enough. Like one of those packages that you just push the pill through, right? Well, not a chance. You can't push them through...you can't even use something tough (like a butter knife) to push them through. I even tried leveraging one against the corner of a wall to no avail. The only way I can get one out is to cut it out with a knife. And I have to do this every evening.



So, to steal a bit from a beer commercial...here's to you Mean Package Makers. Good job making the life of a pregnant woman just a little harder. The morning sickness, nausea and swollen limbs weren't enough. Now the little lady feels totally helpless...and just a tad shy of crazy frustrated every night before hitting the hay with the man who put her in the position to need these pills in the first place.

6 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

I know what you mean! Have hubby take an old pill bottle and open a months worth, and store them in there. My vitamins always came in bottle, so I just had to wrestle with the caps!

Super Happy Girl said...

Thank you! yes, what is up with that?
I thought about you when I heard about the Listerine recall.
THEN I thought about you when I read yesterday that you are pregnant! How did I miss that? Congrats Rhonda!! So, when are you due?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My mid-wife uses a different kind of pre-natal vitamin that comes in spray form. I physically cannot swallow pills without going through the timeless 'gagging and magging' choking dance. It's called Vitamist and it looks and tastes sort of like Binaca. This really helps to cover up morning barf breath. It absorbs into your body much more rapidly than pills and has proven itself more efficient.

I'm not a doctor. Please consult your physician first as Vitamist may not be right for everyone. Side effects may include: A happy esophagus. Fingers that Don't ache. Darker pee which signals greater vitamin absorption. A fat healthy baby.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh, and I saved shipping and handling fees by purchasing it through a lactation consultant place on FM 1960 close to I-45. They're also very strong advocates of using Vita-Mist sprays. I think there's even one for lactating mothers. We buy the kid formula too.

Sketchy said...

You're pregnant?!! Congratulations!

Sorry about the pill frustration, just where are you getting these from? All my prenatals came in bottles too. Although I'm wishing I knew about vitamist. The last thing a pregnant slightly vomit prone woman needs is a big ole pill to swallow...

Rhonda Sloan said...

Thanks everyone! I am in due in September. It was a "surprise" pregnancy in that I never would have planned to be the most fat pregnant during the hottest time of the Houston summer. Ugh!