Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"What the f*ck?" Wednesday -- Imus, VA Tech, etc.

When did our society get so crazy? When did people become so callous? Is it video games? Violence in movies? Chemicals in our environment turning on the crazy genes? Because it seems as though things have really gone to hell in the last 20 years or so.

When I was in high school (in the late 80's), you didn't have to worry about getting shot at school. You also didn't have to worry about your husband killing you when you were pregnant. (back then, people just got divorced!)

It really makes me wonder what things will be like in 16 years when my daughter is ready to go to college. Will things just be exponentially worse? Any chance we can fix this mess? Thoughts?

1 comment:

Super Happy Girl said...

>:( Makes me so mad, it's so wrong and not fair. I try to stay clear of the news lately, too much bad stuff happening.
"Exponentially worse" seems like it, unfortunately.