Thursday, April 19, 2007

A few laughs

It's just way too depressing in the world today...so here are a few things to lighten the mood.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A friend on mine in Corporate America mentioned that there is a new initiative at her company (which is headquartered in France), called “Do Better and do More.”

And the logo for this fabulous new initiative looks something like this...

B&M

(insert your own joke about the French or BMs or whatever here)

And as my friend concluded...don’t forget the “paperwork” when you’re done!

--------------------------------------------------------------

My husband plays a game called World of Warcraft. I know nothing about it, but he sent me the link to this video (featuring characters in the game), which has a universal message. It's rated R material, so don't go if you aren't up for it, ok?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5430343841227974645

---------------------------------------------------------------

And if none of that made you smile...Sangina got booted from American Idol last night, which means that Howard Stern isn't the force he thought he was. Yippee!

11 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

B&M?? didn't anyone tell them?

Rhonda Sloan said...

I used to work for the same company, and my guess is that no one told them because they didn't ask....and by the time they sent it out to the 30 countries they have a presence in, it's too late.

Working for the French tends to be quite an adventure.

Miss Cartier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Cartier said...

I hate it when I'm lame and don't know what everyone else is talking about.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/B&M

Oh wait, I DO know about Warcraft... But maybe I shouldn't admit that :)

Rhonda Sloan said...

Miss Cartier...remove the "&" and it's BM. Don't feel bad that a bathroom joke was lost on you....it just means you are above my humor.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I found a sign for a company called BJ Services. I so very desperately want to blog it, Rhonda. Can you feel my desperation? But good taste, decorum, and a mostly Mormon audience has prevented me from fulfilling my lowbrow desires and dreams. Stupid morals.

Did you hear that noise emanating from North Houston on Wednesday night? That would have been the Infidel clan sending up a cheer that Sanjaya got the heave-ho.

Rhonda Sloan said...

OMG...you aren't going to believe this EWBL, but I have a friend who WORKS at BJ Services!!! How funny is that?!

Super Happy Girl said...

HEHEHEHE, EWBL :D
Oh well, like Toni said, you'd think someone would notice...hmmm, perhaps they did notice .

Anonymous said...

Speaking of paperwork, did you hear that Sheryl Crow wants to save the planet by putting a limit on how many squares of T.P. one can use?

Rhonda Sloan said...

I know...one square per person...can you imagine? That wouldn't cover anything I do in the bathroom. ;)

EWBL - My friend Randy said to tell you that he has "coffee mugs, key chains, umbrellas, t-shirts, golf shirts, portfolios, pens, attache cases, & all kinds of other knick knacks that say BJ Services on them." Maybe we can convince him to send you some and you can do that blog entry despite the whole Mormon thing. I bet you could get away with it!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Who knew that you, Rhonda, was my personal BJ hookup?

Tell Randy he works within a mere mile of Dumass Taco. I know. Dumass Taco, Chewy Balls, and BJ Services all in the same area......TOMBALL! It's a theme.