Sunday, October 29, 2006

They get me EVERY time

Once again I found myself crying during Extreme Makeover Home Edition. (Tonight featured a family in Iowa...they lost their home to fire, then their dog ran away, etc. Of course they built the family a lovely new house, refurbished their barn, and bought them cattle to start up the farm again.) It's always so touching, but I think parenthood has definitely "gotten" to me. I am a total puss now. Crying? Geesh. So the point is...while I know it is all about ratings, it is still nice to see a reality TV show actually doing something worthwhile.
(But if you want dirt... http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327062extreme1.html)

And now, here is the list of trashy reality TV that I love. These shows don't make a positive contribution to society in any way, but I don't care. :)

1. The Girls Next Door. Usually stupid people annoy the crap out of me, but Kendra is pure entertainment gold. And Hugh Hefner is still partying like a rock star at 80. Crazy.

2. The Bachelor Rome. I had pretty much given up on The Bachelor, but then the producer was quoted as saying that Lorenzo "wasn't a douchebag prince" in Entertainment Weekly and I was immediately hooked. They have a elitist freak named Erica (daughter of a plastic surgeon here in Houston...hooray, more good publicity for us!) who makes it all worth my hour (her occupation is listed as "socialite"), but now that she is gone, we only have ticking-clock girl, Lisa (she's going to be the psycho this season), who has a three-year plan she hasn't told our dear, sweet bachelor about yet. Can't wait for tomorrow!

3. Hogan Knows Best. I adore Hulk. His parenting style cracks me up (he put a GPS on his daughter's car...without her knowledge of course...so he knew exactly where she was on her first date). They are always doing silly things (once they adopted a monkey), but you can tell they are a real, close-knit, loving family. I also think it's hysterical that they are always showing Hulk in his thong...he's in great shape, especially for his age, but come on!

Happy channel surfing.

P.S. If you are interested in seeing a photo of the cutest little kitty in town, check out my other blog. http://mommystimeout-rhonda.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

We don't watch T.V. Well, not usually, but my husband got me hooked on Rockstar:Supernova last season. Do you know how painful it is to spend your life mocking something and then acqiesce to its power? We even voted after every show for Magni from Iceland. We are sad little Houstonians, we are.

Magni is a Rock God though! In case you missed the show....
When The Dolphins Cry