Monday, June 29, 2009

Just another day in ...

I was hoping today would be all flowers and sunshine and rainbows .... especially after the events of last week, but instead it was just more blah and scorching 100+ degree weather.

Driving in to work I hear the OxyClean guy died, and all I could think was that I hope I don't get sucked into watching a tribute to him. I spent a few hours over the weekend learning more about MJ and FF, and I should probably be spending that time with the kiddos. Plus, the Bachlorette is on tonight and I have to see what that douche bag Wes is up to this week.

Layoffs are over, but everyone is still in a funk around here. I tried to hold the elevator for a woman this morning, but it nearly chopped off my arm. The woman who was already on the elevator with me chimed "Ha ha! Too bad, so sad!" I must have given her quite the look, because she spent the next 35 flights telling me the nice things she had done lately, which she said gave her karma credits. Uh huh.

So, I need some happy news, blog friends. What is HAPPY in your life this week?


P.S. What's Scarlett balancing on her head today? Tupperware!



8 comments:

floribunda said...

thanks for disclosing that you watch Bachelorette! It's my secret silly indulgence... although I'm getting sick of Jillian and most of the guys. That foot fetish thing was too much!

M@ said...

My wife sucked me into watching the Bachelorette for a few weeks but I couldn't do it for long. Now my daughter watches it with her and I watch movies with explosions with my son:)

As for the woman in the elevator, remember my favorite phrase - Karma is a boomerang.

Trix in the Stix said...

Well I have some happy news... but I don't think it's appropriate for this blog... or mine for that matter... and I'm sure you probably wouldn't care anyway... cuz if I really think about it it's more of a bitter/sweet thing. But anyway... it made me happy... for at least a few seconds... until I really thought about it... and then I realized it actually sucks.

KB said...

On the good news front, hmmm...let me see... well, half my sprinkler system is funtioning again. (It's the little things, right?)

Jean Knee said...

it rained and it is no longer over 100, yea!!

dawnaj said...

There are people happy about the layoffs and looks like it is going to rain again tonight! Yeah!

Brian o vretanos said...

It's too hot here as well, and certainly not suitable weather for wearing tupperwear.

Bee said...

Wellp! I am having 55-60 degree temps and my flowers are not happy so I've got nutin.

Except we're off Friday and I'm getting a hair makeover. Awesome!