Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

A**hole of the Month Update
I've been reading a lot about Michael Vick lately (the only recipient of The B.S. Cafe's "A**hole of the month" award) ... he's out of jail, wants back into the NFL, blah blah blah. I really don't care if he goes back to playing football. He did his time and quite frankly, there are probably lots of felons playing professional sports these days, but as an animal lover, I almost lost my sh*t when I saw that the Humane Society is considering Vick as a spokesperson for animal cruelty. http://hsus.typepad.com/wayne/2009/05/michael-vick.html

O.M.G. WTF? He probably regrets what he did ... maybe for real or maybe for what it cost him ... but I have serious doubts that in the depths of his soul he believes what he did was wrong. (If he didn't know that drowning, torturing, electrocuting and beating dogs was wrong two years ago, he probably doesn't get it now.) And I would laugh out loud if you put him in front of me to lecture on animal rights. Or maybe I would just punch you in the face for thinking I would fall for that.

Boulder Warfare
Has anyone else noticed the trend of putting large rocks on corners? Here are a few examples around my neighborhood:




This bothers me for three reasons:

1. What are you trying to protect? The grass? The curb? I'm confused.

2. If for some reason you had to drive up onto the curb to avoid an accident, or a pedestrian, or a small animal, or a person carrying a rock, you would hit that thing and totally FUBAR your car. Not even our Hummer would make it unscathed.

3. The fun in owning a SUV is being able to drive up on curbs, roll over medians, etc. Thanks for killing the joy.



-- The B.S. Cafe is currently serving a strong desire to run something over.

4 comments:

Bee said...

OMG! What the hell is the humane society thinking?? I don't think he regrets what he did. I think he's just pissed he got caught. What and a-hole!

Regarding the boulders... only in Texas! ;o)

Brian o vretanos said...

The vehicle entrance to the flats I live in has rocks like that. It certainly makes you drive more carefully...

KB said...

Yeah, somehow I have a very hard time believing that he thinks he did anything wrong. MONSTER.

Dan said...

Mike Vick what?
What else they gonna come up with?

They should get rid of the rocks and put little puppies on very corner, I'm sure your Hummer would squash them like bugs. Would that make you a safer driver?
Mike Vick would move to Texas and maybe buy a Hummer.