Monday, August 04, 2008

WTF Weekend

I have just come off the weekend from hell. Ever been through a series of events that just made you sit back and say "WTF is going on around here?"

Thursday: Went to meet friends for a glass of wine after work. Within five minutes of sitting down, manager comes over to tell me that my car was involved in an accident. The valet moved my car, left the engine running, and forgot to put the car in park. So, it rolled out in to traffic and t-boned a car driven by a woman who is 9-months pregnant. She left the scene in an ambulance.

Friday: Put down Ms. Chatelaine, a kitty I've had for 15 years. My husband and I agreed it was the right thing to do, but I kept thinking he would get too busy to take care of it. I was wrong.

Saturday: Get an early morning call from good friend. Her boyfriend was killed in a motorcycle accident late Friday night. Spent several hours getting a grasp on that information, then spent several hours at her house, trying to be supportive.

Sunday: Attend a Wiggles concert. No alcohol served.

So, I'm in a bit of a trance today. I want to cry...and I can't get "Big Red Car" out of my head. Will the torture ever end?!

10 comments:

~Sheryl said...

Sorry to hear about Ms. Chatelaine. It's so hard to lose a furry friend.

You definitely have some bad mojo in your path lately, and that sucks. But hey, at least you weren't in your car, that's good, right??

No alcohol - WTF!?! Perhaps next time you should sneak in a flask. (is that spelled right?)

Anonymous said...

It definitely has been a bad week but I had no idea how bad!

So sorry to hear about your kitty. 15 years is a long time!

Trix in the Stix said...

Well look at the bright side... it can only go up from the week you had... right?

Sorry about Ms. Chatelaine... that bites! Maybe she and Muffin can be friends in Kitty Heaven!!

FYI... My sister has 5 kittens at home... they are about 3 weeks old right now... just let me know if you want me to bring 1 or 2 or 5 back with me when I go home Labor Day weekend!! ;o)

Dan said...

Wow, I was feeling really bad for you.....until I read that you were at a Wiggles concert!
Wiggles rock!

Look at the bright side,
You didn't get hit by a driver less car while pregnet.

You weren't put to sleep when you turned 15.

Your boyfriend didn't die on a motorcycle.

And you got to see the Wiggles !

Who are the Wiggles????????

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That is rough. Makes me feel a bit whiny about my last few weeks.

Anonymous said...

WOW-that is a bad week! I'm sorry you are going through all that.

KB said...

I'm sorry. You've had the worst week ever. Hopefully, things will get better very soon.

Rhonda Sloan said...

Sheryl - Good idea! We have several left over from our carefree (childfree) days.

Heather - Thx. :)

Kim - I am sure she is hanging out with Eddie and Muffin. P.S. Do not bring me 5 kittens!

Dan - The Wiggles are four Australian guys who sing and dance. Obviously you do not have small children.

Carol - YEAH! Quit whinning! LOL

Daria and KB - Thanks.

kathyd said...

Oh man, that really is a BAD week! I'm so sorry I was not able to hear all about it at the Wiggles event. :( Probably not what you needed after the week you had! I miss ya!! (I know its only been 2 weeks but its true!)
Kathy

Anonymous said...

That really stinks.

I'm so sorry.