Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

I received this letter in the mail with my August water bill. You are more than welcome to click on the image to get a full-size, readable version, but let me sum it up for you.

Dear People who use water in Pearland --
Over FIVE months ago we started putting some crappy chemical in your water supply that will kill your fish. It will also kill you if you have kidney problems and use a dialysis machine. Good luck with that.

Sincerely,

The Dumbasses who run The City of Pearland


WTF? So, I am now curious how many fish and/or people have died so far...and what idiot didn't think it was important to send this out, oh I don't know, maybe BEFORE they made the change?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Water Product Superintendent's name seems fitting in many ways: DerrICK.

Super Happy Girl said...

WOw, what the heck, seriously.
How about letting you know before putting crap in the water you drink?

Jami said...

Wow. Isn't there a lawyer somewhere in that department? Hard to believe that such a brilliant decision made it through the liability screener.

floribunda said...

I think we have that stuff in our water here (Oakland, CA) -- it also rots the rubber gaskets in your toilets...

Tazeen said...

What cheek?

Unknown said...

Well, that's nice of them. What happens if you drink it? Let me know if your head dissolves.

Dan said...

the goverment is doing some kind of experiment on your city, it could have something to do with aliens.....I've been watching all the X Files on DVD.

Jean Knee said...

so how ya been feeling lately?
been peeing a lot, feeling a bit under the weather. Shit you better watch that movie "erin Brocovitch or some such name" so you can sue them for you beloved cupcake

KB said...

That's really outrageous. Maybe you should call one of the local news stations. This deserves an expose. Also, let me know when the flyers from Jim Adler and his ilk start showing up on your door. I give them until the weekend.

Trix in the Stix said...

Lawsuits... Lawsuits... Lawsuits!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes! The "Tough, Smart Lawyer" will be involved soon I'm sure.

I'm pretty much thinking this is normal for government. You probably should be glad that they bothered telling you at all.

Bee said...

I;m trying to decide which I prefer, lethal stuff in my water OR the huge increase they gave us... hmmm, I think it's a toss up.

Anonymous said...

well thank god i read your blog today because, although i live in the same damn town, i did not receive this letter had no idea that i was slowly being poisoned! yeah for rhonda! boo for pearland! is pear french for dumbasses-who-have-pet-fish-and-dare-
to-drink-city-water-while-on-dialysis? my french is a little rusty.